My home made table

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley and rosie

5 Year Member
Just thought I'd post a pic of my first home made table made for my little female Russian, hoping to have her a little friend very soon

Attachments

• image-3734664253.png
    image-3734664253.png
    909.1 KB · Views: 155

10mm

5 Year Member
Cool..Looks good with a nice big hide. Nice work!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Looking forward to seeing it 'furnished'

Think twice about getting her a friend. They live a solitary life in the wild, and don't get lonely. As they grow to adulthood, often don't get along in close quarters with other Russian tortoises. If you do get a second one, be prepared to build a second enclosure.

I would imagine she would prefer a Spider plant in its pot to climb over, embedded in the soil, than another tortoise! :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
lynnedit said:
Looking forward to seeing it 'furnished'

Think twice about getting her a friend. They live a solitary life in the wild, and don't get lonely. As they grow to adulthood, often don't get along in close quarters with other Russian tortoises. If you do get a second one, be prepared to build a second enclosure.

I would imagine she would prefer a Spider plant in its pot to climb over, embedded in the soil, than another tortoise! :p

DITTO

ashley and rosie

5 Year Member
Ah right I'd looked on the web and it says they are ok with others, maybe a have a rethink about that then because I only have a small flat and she's taken up a lot of space haha

And as for the furnishing that's down to her mum Iv just built it, by the sounds of things the place is gonna be a little tortoise palace haha thanks for the feedback guys we are new this to all is appreciated

ashley and rosie

5 Year Member
Finished article

Attachments

• image-237494060.png
    image-237494060.png
    930.4 KB · Views: 70
  • image-4040207506.png
    image-4040207506.png
    930.4 KB · Views: 52

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That looks quite nice!
If you need your basking area warmer, you can add a tile under the heat light. Not necessary if the temps are OK.

Lighting is always so hard to judge in pics, but you can consider a regular house bulb (desk lamp, even) on the feeding side to brighten it up.
The other thing I do is flip the feeding tiles over to the rough side, so it helps trim their beak as they eat.

Nice areas for climbing!

ashley and rosie

5 Year Member
Yeah I never thought of the tile upside down, I'v only got a 60w bulb in at the minute and it's getting the temp to about 82 I'm gonna go get a 100w tomoro but il try the tile also, yeah she moved in this morning she's had a good explore I think she will enjoy her new home

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Sounds good, best to up the basking temp. 100w should do it.

What I actually meant to say :rolleyes: was add a house bulb (the 60w would work) on the other side of the enclosure (perhaps near the feeding station) to make the whole enclosure brighter.
Don't think you will need heat at night if your home.

ashley and rosie

5 Year Member
Stuck the 100w bulb in and it's much better the whole enclosure feels a little warmer and the basking area is now up to temp, took your advice with the desk lamp too, looks a lot better

Status
Not open for further replies.