My hermanns tortoise is missing

SiobhanWebb

Location (City and/or State)
Brechin
Hi, so a couple days ago (Wednesday 26th) my Hermanns tortoise went missing! The kitchen door was open as it normally is everyday when we let her out for a wander. She doesn’t like to go outside, even if you pick her up and put her out she’ll just walk straight back into the house. So we put her away about 5 in the evening so she can eat and settle down, and I went searching all her normal spots and she wasn’t there, so I told my partner and me, him and his friend all went searching the whole house for the tortoise, but she’s not here. We’ve checked under all furniture and even though it’s unlikely we checked all outside and with the neighbours too and we still can’t find her. What do we do? IMG_2226.jpg

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hi, so a couple days ago (Wednesday 26th) my Hermanns tortoise went missing! The kitchen door was open as it normally is everyday when we let her out for a wander. She doesn’t like to go outside, even if you pick her up and put her out she’ll just walk straight back into the house. So we put her away about 5 in the evening so she can eat and settle down, and I went searching all her normal spots and she wasn’t there, so I told my partner and me, him and his friend all went searching the whole house for the tortoise, but she’s not here. We’ve checked under all furniture and even though it’s unlikely we checked all outside and with the neighbours too and we still can’t find her. What do we do? View attachment 275542
Sorry this happened to you, check early morning when the sun comes out in the garden, she may come out to bask. Good luck!

SiobhanWebb

Brechin
Sorry this happened to you, check early morning when the sun comes out in the garden, she may come out to bask. Good luck!

Thank you, we’ve had two mornings without her now and there’s no sign at all, the grass is undisturbed and she doesn’t like outside at all

Polli

Latour Bas Elne, France
Thank you, we’ve had two mornings without her now and there’s no sign at all, the grass is undisturbed and she doesn’t like outside at all
Hi. I’m sorry for you, I feel your pain!! Last year, ours went ‘missing’ for 5 days - but then he just turned up as though nothing had happened - he’d no idea of the stress and worry he caused

SiobhanWebb

Brechin
Hi. I’m sorry for you, I feel your pain!! Last year, ours went ‘missing’ for 5 days - but then he just turned up as though nothing had happened - he’d no idea of the stress and worry he caused

Thank you! I’m keeping positive as we called our local reptile center and the woman turned her house upside down to look for her tortoise and a few months later he just turned up out of nowhere, so fingers cross the the same will happen here [emoji846]