MY HERD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeblercop

5 Year Member
Ok, I may have gotten carried away w/ the pics; however, I figured it was past due! :) As always, thanks to everyone for the advice and sharing your own turtle/tort pics and experiences.

Attachments

• SAM_0391.JPG
    SAM_0391.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
  • SAM_0540.JPG
    SAM_0540.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
  • SAM_0439.JPG
    SAM_0439.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • SAM_0468.JPG
    SAM_0468.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 123
  • SAM_0388.JPG
    SAM_0388.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
  • SAM_0427.JPG
    SAM_0427.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • 100_3377.JPG
    100_3377.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 106
  • 100_3306.JPG
    100_3306.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
  • 100_3340.JPG
    100_3340.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
  • 100_3269.JPG
    100_3269.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 100_3202.JPG
    100_3202.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 118
  • 100_3188.JPG
    100_3188.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
  • 100_3141.JPG
    100_3141.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
  • 100_3138.JPG
    100_3138.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 109
  • 100_3343.JPG
    100_3343.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
  • 100_3300.JPG
    100_3300.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 101
  • 100_3254.JPG
    100_3254.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 92

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
That's a nice group of turtles you have there!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using TortForum mobile app

Keeblercop

5 Year Member
Thank you :) Still working on the enclosure, but they seem to like that part.
wellington said:
Beautiful boxies. Love the tree hide too.

Thank you very much.

EchoTheLeoTort said:
cute herd :)

Thank you. The one in your profile pic looks amazing...I'd love to see a full size photo of it. :)

mchong9606 said:
That's a nice group of turtles you have there!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using TortForum mobile app

Thank you; I always appreciate the advice. :)

kimber_lee_314 said:
Lovely!!! :) Thanks for sharing!

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
This herd is beautiful! I think if I ever got another tort, it would be a Boxie. One of these guys, they're beautiful and I just adore them :) Stunning.

Keeblercop

5 Year Member
Thank you very much. We are really enjoying them. :) I have a couple that come right to me when I enter their pen w/food dishes...they're getting used to the routine.

wiccan_chicken said:
This herd is beautiful! I think if I ever got another tort, it would be a Boxie. One of these guys, they're beautiful and I just adore them :) Stunning.

Vickie

5 Year Member
Gorgeous shelled family members you have there! I have to say my all time favorites of those are the 8th one in and then the 14th or 4th end from the right. You got some really good ones there! Totally looks staged to me. :)

Keeblercop

5 Year Member
Aww, thank you. :) The female in 14th pic just laid eggs a couple of nights ago on her 5th nest digging site. LOL

Vickie said:
Gorgeous shelled family members you have there! I have to say my all time favorites of those are the 8th one in and then the 14th or 4th end from the right. You got some really good ones there! Totally looks staged to me. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Box Turtles are my favorite, and your's are all beautiful. I love the tree hide too, and your turtle garden looks so natural.

Keeblercop

5 Year Member
Thanks; it's still a work in progress...was def. going for natural, but still have a lot to do and plant...was going to hit you up pretty soon for some more ideas on plants, edibles, hides, etc. LOL

I've been looking through old threads today searching for more ideas...I saw where you had a cave thing and I've been trying to find pics. I need more hides, plants and am worried about brumation...but that's another thread or two. LOL

terryo said:
Box Turtles are my favorite, and your's are all beautiful. I love the tree hide too, and your turtle garden looks so natural.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have a cave on one end of the garden. I dug down about two feet and mixed the soil with peat moss and covered it with leaf litter and then pine hay. They hibernate in there and also go in at night or when the weather is bad. It's covered with wood with a pond liner stapled on. It's a little higher than the rest of the garden it doesn't flood or get wet during the winter months.
I put a small pond in there with some river rocks so it isn't too deep. It needs more water in this picture.

This is the cave. It goes back about three feet.

lokenica

5 Year Member
Cuties, all of them. I like the tree hide, too. I rescue these guys from the road regularly in Georgia if I can get to them on time. Are they eastern box turtles?

Keeblercop

5 Year Member
Thank you very much. :) Yes, EBTs...they are native here in my state as well. We chose not to take them from the wild for various reasons, so I guess, technically, mine are not native to my state. LOL

lokenica said:
Cuties, all of them. I like the tree hide, too. I rescue these guys from the road regularly in Georgia if I can get to them on time. Are they eastern box turtles?

Thank you very much. :) Yes, EBTs...they are native here in my state as well. We chose not to take them from the wild for various reasons, so I guess, technically, mine are not native to my state. LOL

lokenica said:

Thank you...we still have some work to do as far as planting, hides and a more permanent water source, but we're getting there! :)

katelyn0974 said:
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a box turtle playground and paradise!

Thank you; they are all quite unique..both in personality and color/pattern.

I hope you do too! I saw your outdoor enclosure; it was really great! I'm sure they would have a fantastic home! :)

Moozilion said:
What beauties!!! I hope to get a boxie someday!

Thank you very much for all the advice and pics. Your gardens are so beautiful; I hope to get mine planted up nicely in the near future. The cave is great and we are talking about doing something similar soon. We'd also love to get a permanent pond type of water source, but I'm not sure how best to filter it yet. Again, thank you...you have great ideas and advice....and are always willing to share/help. :)

terryo said:
I have a cave on one end of the garden. I dug down about two feet and mixed the soil with peat moss and covered it with leaf litter and then pine hay. They hibernate in there and also go in at night or when the weather is bad. It's covered with wood with a pond liner stapled on. It's a little higher than the rest of the garden it doesn't flood or get wet during the winter months.
I put a small pond in there with some river rocks so it isn't too deep. It needs more water in this picture.

This is the cave. It goes back about three feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.