Not open for further replies.

berrilturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia!!!
My new chitra chitra
Its female *again*

hmmm
I want to know,somebody have a chitra chitra/chitra indica/chitra van djick in this forum???

View attachment 18978

image-465792661.png

image-465792661.png

Attachments

• image-515471535.png
    image-515471535.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 93

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
is the bathtub the permanent enclosure???

I was wanting to know this as well? I see that in each pic the tiled areas are two different areas....but is each tub the only space they each have?

If each tiled area is the only given space for each of these beauties, wow..that is cruel...and I am hoping that is not the case :(

http://www.arkive.org/striped-narrow-headed-softshell-turtle/chitra-chitra/#text=Threats

http://www.arkive.org/indian-narrow-head-softshell-turtle/chitra-indica/#text=Description

Just for reference for those not familiar with these beauties :D

bfmorris

5 Year Member
berrilturtle said:
I want to know,somebody have a chitra chitra/chitra indica/chitra van djick in this forum???

Very beautiful Chitra specimens you have. A freind of mine keeps this species. I have kept Pelochelys, but not Chitra.

EddieW

10 Year Member!
Orlando
Agree I would like to see the eclosure please :)

berrilturtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia!!!
Hai all
They live in this tub
At the picture,2 chitra live in one tub because when i take the picture my second n third tub unfinished
Now they live in one tub every individual

JacksonR

5 Year Member
Wouldn't say "poor guy." They look very healthy and have quality fish to eat.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
your website says you sell them.... I assume they are wild caught?
Pet trade only? do you know anyone why tries to breed them to Save the Species?

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Are your 2 male and female? If so, consider getting a really large enclosure AND start breeding. The Thai Fisheries Department has successfully bred this species for a rewilding program. This species has been listed as the top 25 most endangered species and is threatened from all directions. High mortality rates are from bycatch, and hunting and egg harvesting also take heavy tolls. The damming of rivers destroys its nesting beaches and causes erosion (deteriorates water quality) on the riverbanks. There's an increasing amount of rewilding programs throughout the range of the southeast asian striped narrow headed softshell, but a disease had struck the hatchlings and some of the adults of the Thai Fisheries Department.

berrilturtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia!!!
I do not take the headache with that said poor guy .. he does not know what the actual conditions .. here they spend 1kg of catfish every 3 days.hahah .. right, sell it on my website but I only sell to those who have the opportunity and breeding facilities .. This is wild, I saved her from the fishermen who want to eat it, I've been thinking to develop it .. but have not provided adequate land

bfmorris

5 Year Member
berrilturtle said:
I do not take the headache with that said poor guy .. he does not know what the actual conditions .. here they spend 1kg of catfish every 3 days.hahah .. right, sell it on my website but I only sell to those who have the opportunity and breeding facilities .. This is wild, I saved her from the fishermen who want to eat it, I've been thinking to develop it .. but have not provided adequate land

In captivity, chitra prefer an enclosure with very clean water, and deep silty bottom so they can bury themselves. There they wait, with just the tip of their head showing, for fish to swim near.

berrilturtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia!!!
yup .. Chitra require clear water ... I do not give the sand but anticipate by providing plenty of food ... yes laura, I saved it before it,I got 3, the smallest in my friend who has a breeding facility the largest in my pool but the medium i failed to save her .. fishermen hurt her shell too badly

Status
Not open for further replies.