my galapagos and aldabras

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexch

10 Year Member!
As requested by some other forum member I am posting some pics of my galapagos and aldabra
rgs
Alex (switzerland)

and another one..

and another one..

and have a look at what is jumping down from tree (red circle) on this other pic

Attachments

• photo6.JPG
    photo6.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 205
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 200
  • P1090775 copy.JPG
    P1090775 copy.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 190
  • photo8[5].jpg
    photo8[5].jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 194

EarthUponWater

5 Year Member
I've wanted a galapagos for a long time. Unfortunately, unless I want to get rid of everything in my house and sleep on the ceiling, I won't be able to have one until I move into a large house. Even then, I have to wait until I own the house and am willing to give up my entire yard. I wonder how they would do with Colorado, USA winters...

Your torts are beautiful!

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Wow, beautiful. It is so hard to believe those small fences keep then in. My Sulcata would be out in know time. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creatures :)

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Wow, how cool. I two am amazed that fence keeps them in. The second pic is upside down. :) Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wonderful group of tortoises. You are so lucky to have them.

We used to raise Welsh Terriers in the '60's. Great little doggies!! I have fond memories.

teshadog

5 Year Member
I wish I could live long enough to have a big tortoise!
As requested by some other forum member I am posting some pics of my galapagos and aldabra
rgs
Alex (switzerland)

and another one..

and another one..

and have a look at what is jumping down from tree (red circle) on this other pic

[/quote]

I wish I could live long enough to have a large tortoise!

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
I'm loving the pics of your BIG Torts!!! Thanks for posting them!!! Now you have made a lot of our Torts look like Peewee Torts. Haha! :p

kfb

5 Year Member
Arizona
:pWOW!! They are so cool! Someday when we move to our 80 acres I would love to have some huge Torts roaming around. Thanks for sharing your pics. Cut Dog too!

gyang333

5 Year Member
Probably wrong place to post this question, but I guess this can be addressed to you in particular alexch. But where do people/where did you get your galapagos tortoises? I thought they were protected from trade?

ekm5015

5 Year Member
gyang333 said:
Probably wrong place to post this question, but I guess this can be addressed to you in particular alexch. But where do people/where did you get your galapagos tortoises? I thought they were protected from trade?

You can get one for about $20,000 if you can find a breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.