My first tort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zergy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Valrico, FL
I just got my first tortoise today, who happens to be a red foot tortoise from jackrat.

Here is my Dexter getting his soak after arriving.

2012-03-07_10-33-03_98.jpg

2012-03-07_10-28-04_896.jpg

He even made bubbles by his rear... (fart?) lol :D

And here is a nice shot of him. (Well for now I assume he is a he.)

2012-03-07_10-38-45_826.jpg

Right now Dexter is exploring his new home. He hasn't eaten yet, but I am sure he needs time to settle in first. He is alert and curious though.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dexter looks to be a handsome fellow. He looks very alert. Congrats on your fist!!! :tort:

Zergy

5 Year Member
Valrico, FL
Thanks Jacqui.

We have tons of strawberries this time of year, so I put some on Dexter's plate. I caught him red handed... er maybe red faced is the better term. I guess he did get a little to eat at least. Although he started walking away from the plate after I came to watch him.

I showed him where his hide box is if he wanted to be secluded, but he rather explore.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
CONGRATS :D He's very cute. You may need to not let him see you when he is eating, until he gets used to you.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
How exciting! Dexter is very cute!!! Keep him warm and humid. Try to let him be for a couple of weeks. They get stressed out. I would soak and feed and then let him hide and do his own thing.

Zergy

5 Year Member
Valrico, FL
I have been leaving him alone today. I just check up on his humidity and spray when needed. I just turned out the lights so it is bedtime for him.

He still has not used his humid hide, but he was sleeping on the side of it in the moss.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I really like that head pattern, nice looking tortoise! Looks like you're both having fun :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.