My first Russian Tort!!!

Morgan6600

Hello I am new to the forum and a first time tortoise owner! I have found the site to be very helpful so far. I just wanted to share some pictures of my first Russian tortoise! I got him from Petco and his name is Tortellini. They do not know how old he is so if you have any ideas please let me know, he is 5 inches long. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465162667.271605.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465162678.753623.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465162691.786221.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465162706.165250.jpg

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Welcome!!!!! That looks like a very elaborate set up you have! Where did you get the ramp? My tortoise is also five inches across... I assumed she was four years old, but after seeing how fast they grow, I can't say for sure. Anyone have any ideas??

Alexio

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse, New York
What type of lighting are you using? Do you know what the humidity is in the enclosure.

Also I would remove the substrate. The sand and small pebbles are an impaction risk as they could be ingested by your tortoise.

What are the dimensions of your enclosure?
How tall is the fencing on the second level?
Russian tortoises are amazing climbers. I have one who can climb 10 inches vertically in a corner if she can wedge herself in.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I think starting at 10 years of age would be an easy way for you to mark off his coming birthdays. There's no way to know a wild caught tortoise's age, and yours looks ALMOST full grown.