Intro for first time tortoise owner!

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hello guys! My name is Sara. This is my first tortoise (a russian.) I have had him for exactly a week now and I’m already in love. He doesn’t have a name right now though, as I want to make sure I get it right, considering how long he can live.

I am excited to learn more about him and connect with people on this forum, since you all share my newfound love of tortoises. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, Sara! Welcome to the Forum!! We have a very nice care sheet pinned at the top of our Russian section.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Hello guys! My name is Sara. This is my first tortoise (a russian.) I have had him for exactly a week now and I’m already in love. He doesn’t have a name right now though, as I want to make sure I get it right, considering how long he can live.

I am excited to learn more about him and connect with people on this forum, since you all share my newfound love of tortoises. :)

Hi Sara,

Welcome to TFO... I'm convinced that this is the best place online to learn about tortoises.

There's tons of great information in the sub-forum for Russians.

I live with a Russian named Chili.

Jamie

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi there and welcome!
Call him Methuselah. If there's really anything to a name, then he will live very, very long indeed.