My first Indotestudo Forstenii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
I fed some pumpkin to my forstenii yesterday. I mixed the pumpkin meat with the orange threads in the middle of the pumpkin plus some seeds. This morning after soak, he pooed a lot of tiny fat worms. I didn't take any pictures, but basically the worms are white color and only about 1 - 2 mm. I wonder what it is.

I should try to feed him more pumpkin seeds next time :D

qgm

5 Year Member
very nice.Very cute little creatures.I like it.

Mary Ann

10 Year Member!
YES, LOVELY ANIMAL, NICE SETUP. I PURCHASED TWO CB FORSTENS BRED BY BENJAMIN FORREST , THEY ARE QUICKLY BECOMING ONE OF MY FAVORITE SPECIES. THEY ARE HARDY , FRIENDLY AND DO NOT GROW TO A SIZE THAT WOULD BE HARD TO ACCOMMODATE IN A NORTH EASTERN WINTER. THE TWO FROM BENJAMIN A 6 MONTH OLD & A YEARLING ARE BY FAR THE MOST STUNNING TORTOISES I HAVE EVER RECEIVED . I HAVE THEM OVER 3 MONTHS NOW. THEY ARE AMAZING !

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Yes, I appreciate Benjamin for making this species available in the states.

Would you mind sharing pictures of your forstenii? I'm getting 2 more hatchlings on 27 December.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
So here are my new forstenii, I received them on 27 December :)

The two forstenii with more blacks are the new ones. Pictures taken after soaking them this morning
ForsteniiTeam03_zpsc53cd3fb.jpg

ForsteniiTeam02_zps24f30c29.jpg

ForsteniiTeam01_zpsbccd8485.jpg

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi Yellow Turtle,

I tend to not pop up with all the "oh, so pretty" kinds of posts, but I'll make an exception here, those are very good looking tortoises.

I have seen the travel weary adults and I thought they were attractive, yet these young tortoises are spectacular.

Will

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Will said:
Hi Yellow Turtle,

I tend to not pop up with all the "oh, so pretty" kinds of posts, but I'll make an exception here, those are very good looking tortoises.

I have seen the travel weary adults and I thought they were attractive, yet these young tortoises are spectacular.

Will

Thank you Will. I like the new ones too. The solid black markings make me decide to add them to my care :)

mainey34 said:
Beautiful tort..keep us posted on this one...

Thank you. I will and I really hope they doing well :)

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Very nice :)! Like Anthony said, they do have very distinct black....More-so then any others I've seen :)(not that I've seen many). Some more pics of their enclosures would be nice to!

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
They are fantastic !!!
i'm really fan of the coloration :D
thanks for the pics !!!!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Julius25 said:
They are fantastic !!!
i'm really fan of the coloration :D
thanks for the pics !!!!

You are welcome, Julius.

I really want to speed up their growth, but they seem eat not so much. Well, at least they are healthy :D

Abe

5 Year Member
East Borneo
That's it...i want this one!!!
Im planning to add a new tort but wondering which one should i pick.Then i saw this beautiful creature here.Thanks for sharing !!

-Abe

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Abe said:
That's it...i want this one!!!
Im planning to add a new tort but wondering which one should i pick.Then i saw this beautiful creature here.Thanks for sharing !!

-Abe

Good! I'm glad you choose this beautiful species. I read that you are from East Borneo. Are you from Indonesia and Samarinda?

Abe

5 Year Member
East Borneo
well actually i wonder how the heck did you know that but then i found out you can see it at my profile (i think they hide it).Sorry im just new to this kind of site :p.And its turn out you are from Indo as well,where is it?
It is hard to believe there is no local breeder selling that specimen here(at least i try searching via online),if you dont mind PM me about how you got them,a captive one,with the price too of course :D

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Abe said:
well actually i wonder how the heck did you know that but then i found out you can see it at my profile (i think they hide it).Sorry im just new to this kind of site :p.And its turn out you are from Indo as well,where is it?
It is hard to believe there is no local breeder selling that specimen here(at least i try searching via online),if you dont mind PM me about how you got them,a captive one,with the price too of course :D

Well, PM sent. I believe they are plenty of forsteni hatchlings in our country. Have you known how to take care of them? Here is one of the care sheet that I read before I purchased mines.

Status
Not open for further replies.