My New Bumblebee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
There are pictures of my first Indotestudo Forstenii. He replaces my marginated tortoise since I would like to care for local tortoise.

He arrived like 4.5 hours ago and he looks good even after 24 hours air shipment.

Soaking picture after finished checking him upon arrival
Forstenii01.jpg

He delivered a small poo after soaking him for 15 minutes, good sign :D
Forstenii02.jpg

Bumblebee's forest based enclosure - he will be the temporary king here until more forstenii arrive :tort:
Forstenii03.jpg

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Thank you all for the nice comments.

For those asking, Indotestudo forstenii origins from the rain forest in Sulawesi island, Indonesia. They are very similar to Indotestudo elongata, and the maximum size is around 30 cm. I see several breeders like Benjamin has successfully bred this species in US. So I really hope this species can be more popular for the pet owners everywhere :)

It looks a bit like russian, but I think much more color contrast for this species.

And Bumblebee is his name, not his species :D

morloch

5 Year Member
Very nice thank you !! Available in Canada ? ,,, guessing no.

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Yellow Turtle said:
Thank you all for the nice comments.

For those asking, Indotestudo forstenii origins from the rain forest in Sulawesi island, Indonesia. They are very similar to Indotestudo elongata, and the maximum size is around 30 cm. I see several breeders like Benjamin has successfully bred this species in US. So I really hope this species can be more popular for the pet owners everywhere :)

It looks a bit like russian, but I think much more color contrast for this species.

And Bumblebee is his name, not his species :D

Thanks for the info, really interesting and absolutely beautiful tort :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
LQQKING GOOD :D ...............Nice set up to boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.