My emys

Moonstar

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
java
Hello everyone..its been a long time since my last post...and this is my pet emys..she is about 35cm and weighing around 5,6kg...but i dont know her age, can anyone help?P_20160312_103230.jpg P_20160131_090835.jpg P_20160202_063112_LL.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice. There is really no way of telling a torts age, even by size. There are so many variables that could play in growth.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Gorgeous specimen. Manouria can very difficult to asses the age. If in the proper environment they can grow quite rapid. But tend to still take a while to reach sexual maturity. I'd say your animal(and this is only a guess) is somewhere between 5-8 years old. Also will depend on sex. Males stay much smaller than the females. Emys and all Manouria can live well beyond 80 years indeed. Especially given the proper environment and food schedule.

Moonstar

5 Year Member
java
Gorgeous specimen. Manouria can very difficult to asses the age. If in the proper environment they can grow quite rapid. But tend to still take a while to reach sexual maturity. I'd say your animal(and this is only a guess) is somewhere between 5-8 years old. Also will depend on sex. Males stay much smaller than the females. Emys and all Manouria can live well beyond 80 years indeed. Especially given the proper environment and food schedule.

Woww!..thank you very much for the info..i got her in 2013, she was about 17cm and weight around 1kg...i kept her in a 2m x 1m tortoise table..i know its too small for her now, i just dont have the time and area yet to build her an outdoor pen.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very nice-looking tortoise. I have one about that size and it's 15 years old.