My Desert Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Just a few pictures of my Desert Tortoises, Fernando and Houdini.

Fernando
DSCN2109_zps896b6d82.jpg

DSCN2108_zps1151b0ed.jpg

DSCN2107_zps09ee04cf.jpg

DSCN2105_zpsd70ff7b3.jpg

Houdini
DSCN2074_zpsf8dff128.jpg

DSCN2072_zpsdc59a52b.jpg

DSCN0316_zps5bb849fe.jpg

DSCN0315_zps15fb9c37.jpg

Thanks for looking. :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Did you have them since hatchlings? Nice torts. Love those faces:)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
No, I got Fernando from one of the members on TFO a few years ago that couldn't take care of him anymore. We figured out that he's about 50 years old. I rescued Houdini from my son's high school teacher. She said that she had found him and his brother when they were very young (I figure by what she was saying that it was in the desert :() and brought them back to her classroom where she raised them both in a playpen for 15 years. It took me about a year to get her to give them to me so they could have a better life. I also rescued a Boxie from her that she kept on sand without any plants or hide. She had no heat on any of her tortoises. When I did buy a heat lamp for the Boxie someone took it out of her room when she wasn't there. :( The good news is that now the Boxie has a wonderful home with one of the members on TFO. :) My only regret is that I couldn't get her to give up the Red Eared Slider (about 11 inches) because she thought that the kids liked to feed it and she didn't want to take that away from them. From what my son found out it died last year. :( I don't know which was the saddest to witness.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Wow, Fernando has gorgeous light eyes. Looks very different from my juvenile CDTs' eyes. And Houdini looks like a strong, hearty tort, especially considering the conditions he was kept in before you got him. I'm glad they're in your care. Thanks for showing them off.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We haven't heard from you in a long time, Candy. Thanks for coming back and showing us your pictures. Is it raining? I just love desert tortoises' eyes. I'm glad to see them happy and getting along well in your care. But how about your red footed tortoises? I'd love to see them too.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Wonderful pictures! I live his name, too! I once had a bull called Fernando. :)

May[TURTLE]
Hermannis: Darwin & Wallace
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.