My collection :)

Ferretinmyshoes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I adore my box turtles! My three-toeds first.

Petey - I've had her over 20 years and she was an adult when I rescued her from a pet store bin so I estimate her to be at least 45 years old. She is still laying eggs every year.

Bebop - Petey's son now 15 years old

Spot - Bebop and Lola's baby 2 years old

Lola - rescue from GCTTS

Raisin - rescue from GCTTS

Pirate - gulf coast and three-toed hybrid? Rescued from a terribly neglectful situation and placed through GCTTS.

Ferretinmyshoes

5 Year Member
Colorado
Now my ornates!

Dory - found in a suburban neighborhood and now queen of the turtle yard. At feeding time she dominates.

Emmy - found in a city park. Super social! She comes flying out of the bushes whenever she hears me.

Callie - hatched at GCTTS, now 6 years old

Hallie - hatched at GCTTS, now 6 years old

Tristin - found crawling through someone's backyard with a leg recently bitten completely off. Still has her sutures to close the wound but healing very well.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I love all your box turtles. Do you have them in three separate enclosures? Or altogether in your yard? You must live in a natural Boxturtle climate.

txturtle13

5 Year Member
All very beautiful and lucky to have such a great home! I just found out that GCTTS is no longer active :( I was hoping to adopt a female from them, but Marion will keep an eye out for me.

Ferretinmyshoes

5 Year Member
Colorado
I love all your box turtles. Do you have them in three separate enclosures? Or altogether in your yard? You must live in a natural Boxturtle climate.
Yes, the species are all kept separately, all outdoor in turtle gardens for as much of the year as possible. I'm in Colorado so ornates at least are native here. The babies are kept in small box enclosures with wire covers and humidity boxes.

All very beautiful and lucky to have such a great home! I just found out that GCTTS is no longer active :( I was hoping to adopt a female from them, but Marion will keep an eye out for me.
Yes I was very sad to hear they shut down. Marion was great with them. And as you can see, I got quite a few from them.

C.H.D Reptiles

I have a large group of easterns, and id like to expand my colony of box turtles, I cant decide wich species. Im thinking Gulf Coast, Three Toed, or Ornate. witch one do you recommend?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I have a large group of easterns, and id like to expand my colony of box turtles, I cant decide wich species. Im thinking Gulf Coast, Three Toed, or Ornate. witch one do you recommend?
Old post.
Beautiful animals but the OP has not posted since May.