My baby sulcata will not eat

Michelle85

Location (City and/or State)
San Jose Ca
My baby has not ate at all today the food has been sitting there and this is not like him. Anyone know why a baby sulcata just stops eating?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
temperatures are often the main cause of not eating to low or to high. can you give us the four temperatures. warm side, cool side, basking spot, and overall? Also how long have you had this tortoise ?

Michelle85

San Jose Ca
I'm at work and friend that is at my house said cool side is 72 and basking is 99 that's all I could walk her through. I doubt it's to cold because I moved them into my room last night and I know the heater is on for my daughter because it's a very cold night could I be over heating him?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Im guessing it's a temperature issue as well. But, if it's only been one day, then it could be nothing at all, you don't want to over react and change a lot of things based on one day. When you get home, upload a few pix of your setup, check all the temps, and tell us all the temps. From my experience, your temp of 72 is too low for a baby. How are you providing overall heat and night heat? If you don't have already, you should acquire a CHE hooked up to a thermostat. Good luck!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm at work and friend that is at my house said cool side is 72 and basking is 99 that's all I could walk her through. I doubt it's to cold because I moved them into my room last night and I know the heater is on for my daughter because it's a very cold night could I be over heating him?

72 is too cool for a baby. If that is the cool side with the lights on, how cold did it get overnight? What are you using for night heat?
Do you have a pair? Are they housed together?
Where did you get them? Did they have a dry start?

Have you read these already:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/