My Babcockis

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I thought I would post a few pictures of my leopards just for the heck of it. I really love these guys even though they are just your average leopard tortoises. I know that I will keep other species of tortoises in the future, but there will always be a part of me that loves these guys the most.

This first one was born in September 2005. I got her when she was just a couple weeks old. I wish I knew the correct way to raise baby leopard tortoises at the time so that I could have prevented some of her pyramiding. I was told, "They are desert tortoises. Keep them DRY!" She is an awesome tort and I enjoy sitting out back and watching her for hours on the weekends sometimes.

torts 002.JPG
Leopards 008.JPG
Leopards 010.JPG
Leopards 001.JPG

The next one is also a female that I got at the same time as the first one, 6 years ago. She is TINY. I will make another post about that soon. She is also a really cool girl.

torts 011.JPG
torts 013.JPG
torts 014.JPG
torts 017.JPG
torts 018.JPG

I just got the last guy this past weekend. He was produced and raised by Jerry Fife. He is about 4 years old, and 7" long. I only have the one picture of him right now because I want to give him some time to settle in before I harass him too much. He was hanging out inside his enclosure and I didn't want to drag him out. Jerry is a really great guy, and I feel lucky to have one of his leopards.

Torts2 006.JPG

That's all I got for now!

Last edited by a moderator:

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
RE: My Babcokis

They all look cute! Thanks for sharing pictures with us. Actually, the pyramiding looked much better than what I was picturing from the info on "keeping dry."

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
RE: My Babcokis

Nice pic's thank's for for posting:) how big are the first two ?

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Wow! you guys responded within like 2 minutes of me posting this! Thanks for the nice comments. Coreyc, the first girl is about 11 1/2" and the second girl is 5". They are the same age. I know, that's ridiculous. I am going to make a post about this in the general tortoise forum.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Whoa, great looking Leopards. I did not think the bigger one was that big! Thank's for sharing!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Cool torts. I like the enclosure the second one is in. Looks shady and cool, what part of AZ are you in?

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Neal said:
Cool torts. I like the enclosure the second one is in. Looks shady and cool, what part of AZ are you in?

Thanks Neal. I'm in Gilbert. How about you?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm in Chandler. AZ is the best place to keep leopards...proven fact ;)

John

5 Year Member
Neal said:
I'm in Chandler. AZ is the best place to keep leopards...proven fact ;)

There is no scientific evidence that Arizona is the best place or even a good place to raise tortoises, Now New Jersey on the other hand has been well documented by Squamata as in fact being the best place on earth, and I quote "New Jersey is the best place to raise leopard torts" end quote.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
This is indeed stunning new evidence. It may be true, but enjoy the 59 degree rainy weather tomorrow over there. I'll be soaking up the sun and 99 degree weather over here. BOOYAH!!!! ;)

John

5 Year Member
Neal said:
This is indeed stunning new evidence. It may be true, but enjoy the 59 degree rainy weather tomorrow over there. I'll be soaking up the sun and 99 degree weather over here. BOOYAH!!!! ;)

Dang, lol ya just had to pull the weather card.

Status
Not open for further replies.