My 2 little yellow belly sliders

MattKeith

Location (City and/or State)
South Georgia USA
image.jpg Hey, I'm new here. Nice forum. I just wanted to show off my 2 little guys. I got these 2 YBS from a friend that bought them at the beach earlier this year. I went to pick them up and found them in a small 10 gal tank half full of brown water that smelled like sewer death.
After a thorough cleaning we had them all set up, or so I thought. In doing a little research I found that turtles needed much much more tank space than a 10 gal. I found a 125 gallon tank setup with fish,filters, light, and all on Craig's list. So they now live with some guppies a gold fish and a sucker that hides all day.
For the past month I've been feeding them lettuce, broccoli and carrots with some reptomin pellets every other day or so. I can't believe how they devour the vegetables so quickly!
Today I got their new basking light, a night time heat lamp, 2 turtle docks and some mizuri pellet food in the mail.
I put the larger dock on the side and the new solar glo 125w bulb above it. Within 10 minutes of turning the light on both turtles were on the dock with their necks stretched all the way out towards the light! This makes me so happy. I'll get some pics up.Hope they upload right.
Thanks for reading! - Mattimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Beautiful!! Congrats on becoming a new parent...love your set up..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aren't they cute. Too bad they couldn't stay babies.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
If only they could stay small...