Mulberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creedence

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA
This is probably a "duh" question, but I've been meaning to clarify for a long time. The mulberry leaves everyone feeds can just be from a plain old big, fruitless tree, right? I think the fact that the leaves secret a milky substance when picked just freaks me out, haha. Thanks in advance.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Creedence said:
This is probably a "duh" question, but I've been meaning to clarify for a long time. The mulberry leaves everyone feeds can just be from a plain old big, fruitless tree, right? I think the fact that the leaves secret a milky substance when picked just freaks me out, haha. Thanks in advance.

Hmmm I didn't know they had to be fruitless? I asked if there was a difference between the white or the red check my thread :) Alan wasn't keen of the red fruited leaf at all :(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The red or white, fruiting or fruitless, are all fine. I have been feeding all of the above to many species of all ages from brand new hatchlings to adults for more than two decades.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Does anyone know about weeping mulberry trees? I have one of those and I figured they probably weren't the same thing at all.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
futureleopardtortoise said:
Does anyone know about weeping mulberry trees? I have one of those and I figured they probably weren't the same thing at all.

Same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.