Mud hole..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
So if you saw one of my previous threads, I built Vegas a soak hole using the fake grass. Well every day I went to put water in it, I noticed that he added more dirt, so I guess he likes it muddy. So today I decided to make him a new mud hole, minus the fake grass and he was in it before I finished it.

IMG00015-20110414-1236.jpg

IMG00017-20110414-1237.jpg

Once I got it filled with warm water, he looked like he was happy with it.

IMG00018-20110414-1244.jpg

IMG00019-20110414-1250.jpg

IMG00020-20110414-1250.jpg

IMG00021-20110414-1250.jpg

After he was finished, i washed the mud off of him and then he headed right back to the mud hole.

IMG00035-20110414-1254.jpg

IMG00030-20110414-1254.jpg

IMG00032-20110414-1254.jpg

Guess he wants to stay muddy. He is a wonderful guy, loves his mud and his family....

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Cool pics, how long will the water stay in the hole? With my soil up here a hole like that would suck up all that water in a few minutes!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
About 30 minutes it will all be sucked up, and that gives him plenty of time to get nice and muddy..

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D They do love their mudholes don't they.

When mine went out for the first time this year, my mudlover ran first thing to his hole and started trying to flip mud onto his back. Unfortunately for him, I hadn't thought it was warm enough for filling his mudhole, so he started digging at the sides until he got atleast some dirt onto his back.

9see

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That is so cool!! That picture of him sticking his head up while in the hole with water is just too cute! Must be fun to watch! :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Jacqui said:

When mine went out for the first time this year, my mudlover ran first thing to his hole and started trying to flip mud onto his back. Unfortunately for him, I hadn't thought it was warm enough for filling his mudhole, so he started digging at the sides until he got atleast some dirt onto his back.

He likes to be completely covered, if not he will also start flicking the mud to cover his self. He will put he head in the water for a few seconds.

9see said:
That is so cool!! That picture of him sticking his head up while in the hole with water is just too cute! Must be fun to watch! :)

Its fun to watch him do all he can to completely cover his self. Today there were bubbles coming up from the rear of him so that was funny, didn’t know if it was just air pockets or something else, lol..

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
They must all be the same. After it rains, Pio will sit in a small puddle, rather than in her pond.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I have put him in clean water and he gets right out, but if it's nice and muddy, he will sit in it.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
They are awesome pictures!! I think he loves his mud hole very much!!! It's so relaxing to watch them just do their tortie stuff! It cracks me up!! Thanks for sharing those great pictures!!!

9see

10 Year Member!
Arizona
dalano73 said:
Jacqui said:

He likes to be completely covered, if not he will also start flicking the mud to cover his self. He will put he head in the water for a few seconds.

9see said:

Its fun to watch him do all he can to completely cover his self. Today there were bubbles coming up from the rear of him so that was funny, didn’t know if it was just air pockets or something else, lol..

i LOL @ bubbles from rear end. It prob was "something else" :p

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I think so as well, it was like his own personal jacuzzi, tort style, lol..

M

Maggie Cummings

Does anyone else notice the big smile he has coming out of the hole? A gigantic smile...he loves his mud hole! Bob has one too but it's still too cold for him to use it yet...I wish Bob lived in SoCal.:(

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
maggie3fan said:
Does anyone else notice the big smile he has coming out of the hole? A gigantic smile...he loves his mud hole! Bob has one too but it's still too cold for him to use it yet...I wish Bob lived in SoCal.:(

I still love Bob he is awesome, cant wait to see him enjoying his mud hole, hope it gets warm up there soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.