Move my torts??? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Corona ,CA
Ok, Its been a while since I'v been here but its been a bust year, lol... So I have two DT's that I have had for about 7yrs , from spring to fall they stay outside in a small walled off area, and when it gets cold they come in to their aquqrium and just sleep. I have 1/2 of it made so they can go in like a cave and its dark. They have been pretty much sleeping for a month now... Here is my question... I live in New Mexico and its too cold outside for winters, I was thinking about taking these guys to my mom's in Phoenix where they would have a nice safe yard an be able to stay outside all year long... Is this a good idea since they are already sleeping? I know its much warmer there so not sure if I should now or not, or if they will just go burrow and sleep if I do take them to live there. I dont know what I should do? Any advise?
16445_168894005543_720440543_3358173_668976_n.jpg

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I don't know Stitch, if they are used to the cycle at your house, isn't it more stressful to move them to your mom's? I know my DT really hate to be transported.

Stitch

5 Year Member
Corona ,CA
Thanks Mado, This is what I am worried about. I am thinking IF I send then to AZ at this time it might freak them out, and I know I will miss them TONS! I guess I was just thinking they might like the weather better there and all. I'm not feeling this to be a good idea after all. :)

Stitch

5 Year Member
Corona ,CA
Shelly said:
It is illegal to transport them out of the state.

Which state? lol... They came from AZ... now live in NM (7 yrs) so they would be going "home"...right?, lol... But as it turns out...they are staying here in NM :)

Status
Not open for further replies.