Morgan enjoying a beautiful day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reatrocity

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Virginia, United States
Hey all! Just thought I would update you all on Morgan. Today he kind of freaked me out. Being a new tort mom, I kind of worry for everything but he seems to be doing okay. When I was soaking him he refused to put his head up. I don't know if he was being stubborn today or what but I got so scared. I cut his soaking short today for fear he would drown himself. It didn't look like he was drinking water.

Aside from that, I took him outside, and he seemed to be a pretty happy tort. He walked around, ate his food, and drank some water. So maybe I was just overreacting, I did want to point it out to you guys just in case it may be something I should be concerned about. Outside of that he's been doing pretty good. Sleeping a lot, but that's what hatchlings seem to do best!

I want to say I see growth lines, but I have no idea when they start getting them. Some funny things he does is always take the most difficult route-- he would much rather go over a stone than around it. He prefers his weeds much more over his spring mix, so it's kind of funny how he always walks over to them, I still give him both anyways. He has gotten used to his hides, but still prefers to dig himself into the ground. He's a lovely little tort. :) If you guys see anything unusual in the pictures please don't be shy to point them out, unfortunately I don't know what to look for.

Anyway, here are some pictures of my baby, enjoy his irresistible cuteness! =) :

Morganenclosure.jpgmorganbeingsoooooocute.jpgMorganbeingsoooooocute2.jpgmorgandrinking.jpgmorganfavefurniture.jpgmorganhardlife.jpgmorgansehll.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice. BTW, that is how they drink water. Next time leave him in. It's important to keep them hydrated.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Torts drink slow, pulling the water thru the nostrils, with their snout or head submerged under water for minutes at a time.
He is exhibiting natural behavior by burrowing and eating weeds, over hides and store greens. Let him continue. Congrats, he looks very nice.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

reatrocity

5 Year Member
Ah okay. It wasn't in that picture, it was inside before I took him out. It didn't look like he was gulping and he seemed like he was underwater for a considerable long time so I took him out. I do like checking with you guys just in case. I do soak him for at least 30 minutes every day, so I'm sure he'll be okay, but I won't let that scare me again. Plus a small extra soak today while he was outside made up for it I think. :)

Thank you for putting any fears I had to rest!

reatrocity

5 Year Member
Thanks all! :) Yus he is super cute! Love him to bits!

He was born mid july and is probably a bit over 2 inches right now. So still just a little baby. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.