More bad pics............Crackers and cheese wiz

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Yeah, we were up early this morning and Matilda was out and about, looking to me, no doubt to see how her training of me was going. She was watching me eating crackers and cheese wiz, the kind you get in the little packets you get at the grocery store. On a whim, I hooked her up. She loved it and is finishing it as I type. At one point, she picked up her treasure, ready to bolt, with her front legs in close so she could push backwards........but when I backed up, she set it back down to eat. She's very food-protective, even with me after I give it to her!

Yeah, I know....not a native food...(no, cheese wiz isn't) but it was just a little dab.....besides, I like to hook my girls up.....

20220326_063939.jpg20220326_063801.jpg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yeah, we were up early this morning and Matilda was out and about, looking to me, no doubt to see how her training of me was going. She was watching me eating crackers and cheese wiz, the kind you get in the little packets you get at the grocery store. On a whim, I hooked her up. She loved it and is finishing it as I type. At one point, she picked up her treasure, ready to bolt, with her front legs in close so she could push backwards........but when I backed up, she set it back down to eat. She's very food-protective, even with me after I give it to her!

Yeah, I know....not a native food...(no, cheese wiz isn't) but it was just a little dab.....besides, I like to hook my girls up.....

View attachment 342377View attachment 342378
OMG!!! You are so gonna get castigated (?) for showing our turtle experts you and Matilda eating together. The "cheese" is not actual cheese, or contains anything that might pass for food...too cute. I love it when someone gets a turtle who is so responsive to the stimuli. I always share my cheese and bologna sandwich with my little water turtle Pest.100_1883.JPG

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
She's coming up on two years old in May-June. The gender question has come up before for debate, and I'm going to leave it to you guys to tell me when it's time to take the correct pics. My guess was just a guess just based on her brown eyes...I defer to folks like you guys, who actually can tell.

Yeah Maggie, I knew I was treading dangerously but she's a turtle, stuck in a 20 gal tank till it warms up so I like to give her stuff to find and eat. She get's "enrichment". Folks who "read me" know I'm not really gonna let anything happen to her though. I did pay attention, there wasn't any dairy products in the "cheese wiz"...all fats though...yikes

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I meant to say, that's a great looking Red Ear Mags!

This morning, we had salad.....I love slicing radish for her.....then see all the little "V's from her beak...can't see any in this pic yet...........she only eats the edges, so I give her lots of edges by slicing them.

Salad.jpg