Sydneu

Location (City and/or State)
Saint Louis
So Ive had my Russians enclosure set up for about a month with these two driftwood pieces as obstacles for him. So far all has been well and he's been able to get around them just fine, but today while looking around his enclosure for poop I noticed mold growing on one of them! Again, they've only been in there for a month and his enclosure isn't really humid. I threw them away but now I'm looking for alternatives since his enclosure is a bit bare with just his two hides..... Speaking of which, I have a log hide in there that's completely fine and shows no sign of mold!! Any recommendations for decorations/obstacles I can stick in there that are artificial and won't rot?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So Ive had my Russians enclosure set up for about a month with these two driftwood pieces as obstacles for him. So far all has been well and he's been able to get around them just fine, but today while looking around his enclosure for poop I noticed mold growing on one of them! Again, they've only been in there for a month and his enclosure isn't really humid. I threw them away but now I'm looking for alternatives since his enclosure is a bit bare with just his two hides..... Speaking of which, I have a log hide in there that's completely fine and shows no sign of mold!! Any recommendations for decorations/obstacles I can stick in there that are artificial and won't rot?

How about a few live plants? Pothos is one that many recommend & use. Provides a natural place to hide, some nibble food, looks natural too.

How large of an enclosure?

Sydneu

Saint Louis
How about a few live plants? Pothos is one that many recommend & use. Provides a natural place to hide, some nibble food, looks natural too.

How large of an enclosure?

Not super big (Im trying to get him a bigger one) about 3.5 feet long and 1.75 feet wide...