Any Decor Suggestions?

margosha

Location (City and/or State)
Cleveland, OH
Well, every time I think I have everything set up right and can relax, something inevitably goes awry haha.

Yesterday I discovered mold on a grapevine branch that I had in my enclosure. I threw it out, but I really liked the look of it and my little dude loved climbing all over and under it, so does anyone have any suggestions for similar decor that isn't wood and is fall safe? He also had a half-log in there previously, but I took that out too because he fell on his back from getting too adventurous on it... and it probably would've also gotten moldy anyway.

Thanks!

daniellenc

Maryland
You can go with reptile made type furniture which is rather expensive or create your own by treating the wood with animal safe sealers. I did it for years with lizards and it saves you a ton of money.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
How about some live plants? Not from the garden centers, those will likely be treated with all kinds if chemicals. Maybe dig some up from your or friends garden, pot it and sink the pot in the substrate. Or terrarium plants from pet stores? Those are very pricey for teeny tiny plants that they are tho... or if you have organic nursery then those plants would be ok. We are mainly concerned about the systemic pesticides here

margosha

Cleveland, OH
You can go with reptile made type furniture which is rather expensive or create your own by treating the wood with animal safe sealers. I did it for years with lizards and it saves you a ton of money.

Is there a sealer you would recommend? I'm afraid of putting any chemicals in there, but I do love how the wood looks, so if there's a way to prevent it from molding that'd be great!

margosha

Cleveland, OH
How about some live plants? Not from the garden centers, those will likely be treated with all kinds if chemicals. Maybe dig some up from your or friends garden, pot it and sink the pot in the substrate. Or terrarium plants from pet stores? Those are very pricey for teeny tiny plants that they are tho... or if you have organic nursery then those plants would be ok. We are mainly concerned about the systemic pesticides here

Yes I am definitely wary of pesticides, which is why I've strayed away from real plants. I think there might be an organic nursery around though. Any particular plants you recommend?