Modular greenhouse for heat/humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niblet

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chesapeake City, MD
Not sure if anyone has tried this. I was following the recommendations of my leopard breeder for housing, then found this forum. So, rather than starting over, I am using this modular greenhouse to cover the 2 cement mixing pans we siliconed together. After putting the 2 pans together I have a habitat 3.5 x 3.5. On the bottom, I put in a layer of organic topsoil. I then attached a heat cable to eggcrate and flipped it over. On top of that is sphagnum moss, then cypress mulch. The greenhouse is 4 x 4 and is modular, so you can add 4 ft sections to make it 4 x 8, 4 x 12, etc. So far, with the addition of a coverlet and towels on the floor, the heat and humidity are pretty stable. I have a CHE and the heat rope on a thermostat, and a Mercury vapor 100 watt basking bulb on a 12 hour timer. I have 2 leopards and am hoping this will be a good start for them. John is working on elevating it for me. The greenhouse it actually made to fit on a 4x4 raised bed garden, so will be easy to elevate and expand. Does anyone see any potential problems? Thanks for looking!

Fran

Greenhousesetup.jpg

Penwitheggcrateheatcord.jpg

Greenhousesetup3.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Fran:

I like it. I think it should work very nicely!

Status
Not open for further replies.