Moaning?? Concerned..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
I'm sitting in the room adjacent to Tonys enclosure.. And I can hear him moaning through the wall every now and then..So I check on him and he is asleep until I wake him by looking into his hide..I'm a little concerned..

Is it normal for a sulcata to moan while sleeping??

Thanks in advance

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Hi...is he aok in every other normal way? If so, I would think just keep an ear and eye open for anything tooooo out of the ordinary :D

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Acting normal all day... He seems to moan a lot... Always does it when I soak him and he poops.. Moans when I pick him up...moans when he flashes..and now moaning while he sleeps...

The sleeping moaning has me a little concerned..I'll watch him throughout the night..

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
maybe he is a moaner....i know that if i am feeling good....a good moan makes it better....maybe he is dreaming of when he was showing his goods last.... LOL LOL :p:p:p:p:p

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
ascott said:
maybe he is a moaner....i know that if i am feeling good....a good moan makes it better....maybe he is dreaming of when he was showing his goods last.... LOL LOL :p:p:p:p:p
Aww you beat me to it lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Some tortoises actually "moan" while they're pushing out feces. Its quite normal and nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.