Mix turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Hello everyone.

I would like to purchase 2 kind of turtles.
Can I mix razorback musk turtle with picta dorsalis?
I know musk turtle not really great swimmer, but seems like razorback one is an exceptional one.

Please share your opinion and thank you :)

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
It might work make sure you have things for the razor back to climb up to the surface. If they are anything like the eastern mud or musk turtles they don't really swim well.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Look on my thread I have my baby razors in a 40 gallon almost full. 14 inches of water. They have lots of places to climb tho and it's heavily planted.

Attachments

• image-16316943.png
    image-16316943.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Ok thanks, but what about my questions? Can I mix razorback with picta dorsalis? I'm thinking of mixing razorback with dbt too.

Right now I'm in search of some driftwood for the razorback to climb up for basking purpose. But then another question come up. Does razorback need basking at all? Many people say they don't :D

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Yes they need a basking area. Every turtle should have an option of getting fully out of the water. My razor backs bask everyday. People say they don't bask if at all. I have 3 areas they can climb out and I've seen them use all areas. Here's a picture of razor basking . And there is my enclosure, I have all real drift wood in there except the one on the left that holds up the one basking spot. And it's all real plants

Doesn't seem like pictures are attaching using the app. Going to have to use my laptop I will later today

Attachments

• image-3886854774.png
    image-3886854774.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 13
  • image-3532352456.png
    image-3532352456.png
    860.6 KB · Views: 13

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Millerlite said:
Yes they need a basking area. Every turtle should have an option of getting fully out of the water. My razor backs bask everyday. People say they don't bask if at all. I have 3 areas they can climb out and I've seen them use all areas. Here's a picture of razor basking . And there is my enclosure, I have all real drift wood in there except the one on the left that holds up the one basking spot. And it's all real plants

Doesn't seem like pictures are attaching using the app. Going to have to use my laptop I will later today

Thank you Millerlite. I have purchased a turtle bank now, and still looking for some driftwood. Do you use some tube uvb or mvb type for basking?

Also, please share the pictures when you have time later :D

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I use a coil UVB right now cuz it stays at 90 I have a mvb I just need to figure out how to mount it

Attachments

• image-916777821.png
    image-916777821.png
    860.6 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.