mildly alarmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
so i came home from school today and my boyfriend, who stays home with my tort during the day, said that Ayden had been acting sick all day. He said that Ayden had been sitting unmoving under the light, sitting in his box and he had pooped white. Ayden usually does that, as do all tortoises i've gathered, but Ayden almost never makes waste of the consistancy. usually his white waste is thinner and is laced in with his normal waste, but he went in his food bowl and pooped there, making something that looked alot (not to sound gross or anything) creamier and not to mention much more of it than he usually does. I was worried because he has been inactive and seems to have white diahhrea?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 28

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You want creamy urates, chalky gritty urates are not so good.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
well he doesn't usually make chalky or gritty urates but usually they look just like his poop does, shaped but just white...this time it was pooled in his dish and seemed thicker than usual. i was just worried because it was so out of the ordinary for him to make something like that....i had a previous appointment with the vet on the tenth of this month but i am still worried and wanted to know if i should be worried about it. anytime he does something that he's never done before i kind of have a mini-panic attack because i don't know if something is wrong or not.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Do you soak him?

A daily 20 minute soak in warm water in axplastic box or bowl will keep your tort hydrated and help to dilite the urates.

Do it in the morning before he warms up and he's less likely to attempt escape.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
I soak him for 20-30 minutes twice a week in a small pink tub (like the kind that you find at hospitals) He doesn't usually try to escape after the first few seconds as long as i put him in slowly, though I usually bathe him at night, around 6 or 7ish, though when i came home and seen that I took him outside for about 30 minutes then filled the tub and put him in it for a short while (which is where he is right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.