Memorable moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatrixDJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I was just thinking to myself, down the road looking back, what will be the most memorable moments with my tortoise. This makes me look ahead, but for many of you this is in the past. What are those moments, if you'd care to share with us?

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
I haven't had Emrys long, and I hope we'll spend many years together in future and have lots of memories to enjoy, but of course I have some already.

The first was the day I got him. I walked in and there were four tortoises in the tank. He was the lightest of them all and I instantly fell in love, but I knew I wanted a male and wanted to be sure, even though they were all still young, that I had the best chance of getting one. I picked each up one by one and looked them over, leaving the one I'd fallen in love with until last. They all looked in similar health, and when I picked up the last it was the one that was most clearly male. I think that moment, deciding he was mine and that I was holding him for the first time, was one of the most magical moments for me.

The other has to be the first time I could go outside with him. I was at work and had been watching the temperature all day, surprised at how high it was for the time of year. I drove home praying I'd be back in time before it got too cold, and in the end we had an hour outside together. I believe I've done a great job on his indoor enclosure but of course nothing beats seeing him out there under the real sun, wandering in the grass and grazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.