Meet Yoshi Wagner! And a pronunciation question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wagners

5 Year Member
We got up early to arrive at our local reptile expo as soon as it opened today to see if we could find a new addition to the Wagner household. Amongst the slew of Sulcatas and various others(Hermanns, Redfoots, Greeks, and Russians), we found only one Leopard. After inspecting him closely for any obvious health issues and personality, we decided to bring him home.

Meet Yoshi Wagner; Stigmochelys pardalis babcocki, hatched around 3/19/12

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wanting to know everything we can about our new family member, how exactly would you pronounce his scientific name? (Stig-mo-key-liss par-dal-is bab-coke-ee?)

We're very excited to be the parents of our new leopard. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute. Read the threads at the bottom of my post to raise him, healthy, happy and smooth. Can't help you with the words. I just call them leopard kind is babcocki.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mr or Mrs Wagner:

That's a really cute little baby! However, he looks like he's been kept under the dry method. Please start him off right away in a more humid environment...with moist substrate and frequent soakings.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
He is sooooooooooooooooo cute :)

The_Wagners

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Mr or Mrs Wagner:

That's a really cute little baby! However, he looks like he's been kept under the dry method. Please start him off right away in a more humid environment...with moist substrate and frequent soakings.

Thank you! That was something we noticed. It appears he has some slight signs of pyramiding. Right now he has had a bath and a couple spritzings with water and is on a bed of moist cypress mulch. We've also purchased a digital thermometer with humidity reading to keep his environment at good levels.

We're going to try some vitashell to combat any dryness as well. :)

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
He is very cute. I love closed chamber enclosures, they keep it nice and hot and humid. I spray my leopard about 5 times a day and soak the substrate ,which is coco coir no more then once a week. I also have a temp gun to check temps.
Good luck with the little guy, here is very handsome: -)

Status
Not open for further replies.