Well, I did it.... meet "Digger".... .and......

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtletania

5 Year Member
Yes, I did it..... I got a new sulcata..

Meet "Digger".... very active, the only one in the group 'digging' while we were watching.... very friendly and happy to be handled. Has already had a great soaking and has a hardy appetite.

Age according to the seller: 7 months old.
weight: 125 grams / 3+1/2 inches
2qxu8zn.jpg

BUT

I got carried away.....

Meet "Cruiser" - an elongated tortoise... 4 month old? Named because he/she has not stopped roaming - with the exception of when in the water... which he/she ADORES... sits in it, drinks, and looks up at us like it's the best thing ever.
weight: 65gm, length 1 + 1/2 inches
ta0qwl.jpg

AND

Meet "Nipper" - a yellow foot tortoise.... 6 months old? Named because he/she seems to think toes are FOOD.... has already nipped at our toes 3 times while we were trying to set up the enclosure.
weight 165gm, 3 inches long
2hzs8d2.jpg

This is my first yellow foot - so any tips would be great.

I could have got so many more... cos the "breeder" (so he claims :p) had no water in the enclosure, keeps them only on newspaper and says the only thing they can eat is pumpkin and kangkong (a local green leaf vegie).... he also has ALL the species together... he had 26 torts (5 species) in an enclosure 2 feet by 1 foot.... heart wrenching.

Well at least I can give 3 a fantastic new home and life.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
RE: Well, I did it.... meet "Digger".... .and......

Oh wow!!! What a beautiful bunch! So glad that they will be able to live a better live with you :)

mightymizz

5 Year Member
Yellowfoots need quite a bit different atmosphere than a typical sulcata so check into it!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Great looking bunch of torts, I have 2 elongated as well. I think Digger will be digging some BIG holes for you when he gets big

turtletania

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Congrats. They are so cute. Heck, what's a few more anyway:D

In this house.... EXACTLY... a few more? ABSOLUTELY.
I have the space, the climate and the LOVE!!!!!!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
I saw two I was like oh cool, then I saw three I was like oh boy....lol ..you enjoy your cute little friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.