Meet Spourd the Russian Tortoise

Hayes Johnson

Location (City and/or State)
Seattle
I got Spourd 2 years ago, and we are BFFs. Every night and morning i go get him out of his log and cuddle with him in my bed. He loves cuddling so much that when he wants to be cuddled with he climbs on top of his log and sticks his neck out at me. In the winter I feed him kale and in the summer he gets raspberry's,grape leave, dandelion leaves, raspberry leaves, and blackberry weeds, all of witch come out of my garden. In the summer I fill a plastic wading pool with dirt and sticks and logs and stuff and put part of the pool in shade and part in sunlight, and he just crawls around in there all day. In the summer he goes on 3-4 walks per day. I have about an acre of property, a stream, woods, garden, grass, and he will explore with me following him for hours. he will also walk around my living room, and sit on my lap while i watch movies. Here are some pictures of him:IMG_0914.JPG spourd book.jpg

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Welcome. Sounds like Spourd gets plenty of exercise! As well as attention. He looks nice.

Ive taken one of mine into the side yard & followed him around a bit while he eats too. Not often , as my attention span is such I might lose sight of him. They really can move quick when they want to. Plus the whole blending in to the environment thing the do.

Good fortune to you both.