Mazuri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuntdouble

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, Ca
Should I use it? Is it necessary or more of a substitute for variety in the diet? Are there specific benefits, also where should I order it from?

Sulcatifornia

5 Year Member
San Diego, California
This is a topic full of controversy. Some people use it as a substitute, some feed it exclusively calling it a " complete and balanced" diet, some use it for more specific reasons such as their torts needing more protein, or torts having trouble eating solid foods due to injury or illness. The list goes on.
I personally believe that if they don't need it, don't give it. And even though Mazuri is simple, quick and cheap, I would say no tortoise needs it. The ingredients include things I would never pull straight out of a kitchen or yard to feed my torts such as, mollasses. Fresh and natural is the way to go, at least for me.

Hope that helps!

What kind of tort do you have? Maybe we can all suggest different foods :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I love it for the Winter months when I'm snowed in and can't get any decent greens or fruit. I usually try to mix it up with chopped greens, fruit, and veggies, but I also feed it by itself.

stuntdouble

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, Ca
I think I will just stay with what works. I just thought maybe it was some super food I didnt know about or something. Mine are eating fine so no changes for now. Thanks a lot for the info

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Mine gets it once a week, mixed with greens. He would eat it every day all day long if I let it.

Status
Not open for further replies.