Mazuri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello

I hear a lot about Mazuri in this site, I would like to buy some for Hermy (my Hermann tortoise, she is 11 months old). I live in MTL Canada and they dont sell it here. I am going to the states in June (Connecticut) and I would like to buy some. Where could I find the product and which brand make it?

How much should I give to Hermy and how many times a week?

Thanks

Isa

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Any feed store that sells Purina products can order it for you.

Yvonne

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Some large chain petstores such as PetCo and PetSmart carry it in small packages of about 1lb. You might also be able to order it online somewhere and have it shipped to CA.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Yvonne and Anja.

I dont want to take the chance of ordering it from the states. Last month, I wanted to order seeds from carolina pet supply last time. I sent the order and they sent me an email and ask me to check with my custom first. I called the custom and they told me for all the seeds or food (even animal food) if the person at the custom do not trust the product (even if it is dandelion seeds) or the company that sent it, he will send it to the laboratory and I will have to pay the laboratory fees. But the person I called at the custom told me that if I buy the product myself in the states, at the border, I will explain why I bought what I buy to the custom agent, it will probably be ok.

Isa

hermit

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Isa,

If you go to Mazuri's website (www.mazuri.com), click on the Dealer locater. You will find there are three authorized dealers in Canada. One in Alberta, one in BC and one in ONT.

Hope this can solve your problem.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
hermit said:
Isa,

If you go to Mazuri's website (www.mazuri.com), click on the Dealer locater. You will find there are three authorized dealers in Canada. One in Alberta, one in BC and one in ONT.

Hope this can solve your problem.

Thank you so much Hermit.

I did not know that :)

Isa

hermit

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
For the last two month, I have been searching the internet/ebay etc for Mazuri. All shops/companies that I have contacted would not ship out of USA. (I live in Hong Kong.) So I thought I had to let this pass until I found the dealer locater on Mazuri website. Guess what? They have a dealer in Hong Kong and yesterday I only had to drive 15 minutes to get a fresh bag!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
hermit said:
For the last two month, I have been searching the internet/ebay etc for Mazuri. All shops/companies that I have contacted would not ship out of USA. (I live in Hong Kong.) So I thought I had to let this pass until I found the dealer locater on Mazuri website. Guess what? They have a dealer in Hong Kong and yesterday I only had to drive 15 minutes to get a fresh bag!!

Haha, no way, that is very cool! Sometimes, life is easier than we think!

Thanks again for the info :D

Isa

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Isa said:
hermit said:

Isa

Amazing what happens when we think and go right to the source!
36_2_25.gif

When researching about a tortoise: how they live and what they eat, etc. - research their 'homeland'.. the terrain and what grows there first! You may be surprised what you find.. [ and don't find ]!

nerd

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Note...
T-Rex is marketing a new diet which is IDENTICAL to Mazuri tortoise diet. It is just getting started so be patient.

Ed

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Hey Terry...

I don't know what your point is but Redfoots not only love the diet but thrive on it.

That has to make you think.

Ed

Redfoot NERD said:
Isa said:
hermit said:

Isa

36_2_25.gif

When researching about a tortoise: how they live and what they eat, etc. - research their 'homeland'.. the terrain and what grows there first! You may be surprised what you find.. [ and don't find ]!

nerd

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
-EJ said:
Note...
T-Rex is marketing a new diet which is IDENTICAL to Mazuri tortoise diet. It is just getting started so be patient.

Ed

Very interesting.

Thanks for the info Ed.

Isa

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Do you know what it is going to be called?
Please let us know when it is available.

thanks
Patsy

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
-EJ said:
Hey Terry...

I don't know what your point is but Redfoots not only love the diet but thrive on it.

That has to make you think.

Ed

Redfoot NERD said:
Isa said:
hermit said:

Isa

36_2_25.gif

nerd

Come on Ed,

They were talking about where to find Mazuri in Hong Kong. I simply made the point that if you want to find a place where any company sells their product you should ask them.. the company.. first.

This 'thread' is about where to find Mazuri.. not the validity of it - which you seem to feel you need to promote all of the time.

And the analogy was trying to help anyone with how to go about researching the needs of any given tortoise. Search where they live first. Look at the flora.. foliage.

Smile!

nerd

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
I was simply responding to your suggested invalidity of the diet. I can't seem to find where in your original post you were helping the OP find a source for the diet in question.

Also... to the OP...

I mentioned T-rex because it is marketed in Europe. I'm not sure if it is marketed in Hong Kong. There is another product that is marketed under the name NutraZu tortoise diet... again... same thing.

Ed

Redfoot NERD said:
Come on Ed,

They were talking about where to find Mazuri in Hong Kong. I simply made the point that if you want to find a place where any company sells their product you should ask them.. the company.. first.

This 'thread' is about where to find Mazuri.. not the validity of it - which you seem to feel you need to promote all of the time.

And the analogy was trying to help anyone with how to go about researching the needs of any given tortoise. Search where they live first. Look at the flora.. foliage.

Smile!

nerd

hermit

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi Ed, thank you for your info about T-Rex. I can buy Mazuri here in Hong Kong no problem now. I understand Redfoot Nerd's comment about going to the source to find the answer. I don't think he was suggesting the invalidity of Mazuri as a tortoise diet.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
I guess it was my misunderstanding.

I figured with the options I gave you there might be other options.

Good luck.

Ed

hermit said:
Hi Ed, thank you for your info about T-Rex. I can buy Mazuri here in Hong Kong no problem now. I understand Redfoot Nerd's comment about going to the source to find the answer. I don't think he was suggesting the invalidity of Mazuri as a tortoise diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.