Mazuri tortoise diet

Justincl

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta
Hi so i'm planning on buying mazuri pellets for my baby tortoiseand i have seen a few threads saying the oriiginal one is better and i was wondering if this was the original one. Also is there a chance that if i get the pellets and my baby doesnt like them because i have seen a few keepers and sellers here in Indonesia using the ls one and they seem to surprisingly like it

Screenshot_20210119-173947_Tokopedia.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi so i'm planning on buying mazuri pellets for my baby tortoiseand i have seen a few threads saying the oriiginal one is better and i was wondering if this was the original one. Also is there a chance that if i get the pellets and my baby doesnt like them because i have seen a few keepers and sellers here in Indonesia using the ls one and they seem to surprisingly like it
That looks like the right stuff.

It may take several tries to get the tortoise to eat any new food. Start with a tiny amount. Less than one pellet. Soak it until it is mushy, and then mix it in with the greens. Gradually use more each time.

I like to offer it once or twice a week, as a supplement to an otherwise good diet.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Even tortoises that don't like it at first ends up loving it when given time to getting used to eating it.
However, it's sometimes hard to get them to eat their greens once they do like it. Best is to always feed it smeared on their greens. This way they have to eat the greens to get the mazuri.

Justincl

Jakarta
Even tortoises that don't like it at first ends up loving it when given time to getting used to eating it.
However, it's sometimes hard to get them to eat their greens once they do like it. Best is to always feed it smeared on their greens. This way they have to eat the greens to get the mazuri.
Honestly my neighbour gave me her 300g repcal pellets the fruity omes and my baby didnt even try to eat it I guess she likes her food natural ?but @Tom any thoughts on zoo med grassland pellets? I seem to be more interested in it

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Honestly my neighbour gave me her 300g repcal pellets the fruity omes and my baby didnt even try to eat it I guess she likes her food natural ?but @Tom any thoughts on zoo med grassland pellets? I seem to be more interested in it
Grassland is fine also if used as a small part of a varied diet. Same with mazuri.
The fruity ones are not for all tortoises.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Its a great supplemental food. It takes time for the to get used to it and like it. Start with tiny soaked amounts at first and mix it in with the greens.