Mazuri original vs LS

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Why doesnt someone just buy a big bag and divide them in smaller bags and sell it to other members that dont want a big bag?

Lots of members do just that. Tortoisesupply.com comes to mind because I deal with them regularly, but I know other members here sell it too.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
All my torts, large and small, like them both. :):)

GotTort

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
My RT must be a freak because he LOVES the LS. He loves the regular Mazuri too ur seems to like the LS more

TurtleBug

10 Year Member!
I didn't like the new Mazuri LS diet at first either, but after feeding them both (separately) for a couple of years, I now like the more fibrous LS better.

My tortoises won't eat either one dry, but will eat both when they have been soaked first. Soaking softens the LS just enough for little babies to take bites out of it. The old formula actually gets too mushy when soaked. It sticks to faces and can cover babies' nostrils.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
I didn't like the new Mazuri LS diet at first either, but after feeding them both (separately) for a couple of years, I now like the more fibrous LS better.

My tortoises won't eat either one dry, but will eat both when they have been soaked first. Soaking softens the LS just enough for little babies to take bites out of it. The old formula actually gets too mushy when soaked. It sticks to faces and can cover babies' nostrils.
Speaking of sticking to the face. This is Khaleesi after she tried the LS diet ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1463453456.100873.jpg

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Oh my!!! I buy the LS one. Maybe thats why my tort not really like it. I think i'll buy reg one.

kelii

5 Year Member
Georgia
My red foots love the ls diet. They devoured it when I used to buy it. I now get them the regular since its been tested longer, and cheaper to buy by the pound on eBay. They like it too, just not as much. I like it because I can mix all kinds of things into it once it's moist.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just used up my last 25 pound bag.
I'll buy more this weekend.
The "red label" formula is considered the original.

Attachments

• 20160623_191500.jpg
    20160623_191500.jpg
    865 KB · Views: 22