mating males

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzanne klein

5 Year Member
does any one out here have two males that are always trying to mate with each other?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I have two leopard tortoise males that fight all the time...not mating though. Are you sure about their sexes?

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
You didn't let them watch Brokeback Mountain,did you?

Suzanne klein

5 Year Member
Suzanne klein said:
does any one out here have two males that are always trying to mate with each other?

I just took pictures of them you tell me if they are both males they look like it to me. I will email them to you because I have not figured out how to add them

Attachments

• males 001.JPG
    males 001.JPG
    358.8 KB · Views: 56
  • males 002.JPG
    males 002.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 47

Suzanne klein

5 Year Member
Neal Butler said:
I have two leopard tortoise males that fight all the time...not mating though. Are you sure about their sexes?

will you look at the photos I just posted and see what you think?

jackrat said:
You didn't let them watch Brokeback Mountain,did you?

you are too funny. I think they must watch it daily

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
My vote is they are both males. If they show more agressive behavior you may have to seperate them.

Suzanne klein

5 Year Member
Neal Butler said:
This thread will tell you how to post pictures on the forum:

http://tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-to-post-pictures-in-your-forum-posts--5245

If / when you email them to me would I have permission to post them back on this thread if I cannot determine the sex?

thanks

Neal Butler said:
My vote is they are both males. If they show more agressive behavior you may have to seperate them.

I will have to do that sooner than later. It is just one of the males that can not leave the other one alone. Crazy guys.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The second one looks like a possible female. The anal scutes look female, but I can't tell the size of the tail from the pics. Does the right one have a much smaller tail than the left one, when viewed in person? Can you do a few more pics trying to show the tails?

Suzanne klein

5 Year Member
Tom said:
The second one looks like a possible female. The anal scutes look female, but I can't tell the size of the tail from the pics. Does the right one have a much smaller tail than the left one, when viewed in person? Can you do a few more pics trying to show the tails?

I will try and take some tomorrow and send them to you.

Neil

5 Year Member
Tom said:

Yeh i agree! the Second one luks lyk a female.. maybe a pic with the tail can help to confirm .. :)

More over i am not too sure about this but even my both male star torts try to play or maybe fight or something but ultimately ends up looking like they are mating... :p

S

stells

I have two male Algerian graeca's that will do this quite abit... they don't fight... just jump on board each other when they are feeling a little frustrated...

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
The second one is most likely a female. The first one is also looking like a female to me. :D

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I thought they both look female too.

Suzanne, if that's the case, its not a mating thing, its a dominance thing. As soon as the less dominant tortoise gives in to the dominant one, the fighting and aggression will diminish somewhat. There will always be a little pushing and shoving, but more than likely they will live together without too much trouble.

Suzanne klein

5 Year Member
spikethebest said:
today is tomorrow.... waiting for pics.... hehehehe jk

I am not having much luck getting a picture of the tail. I will keep trying and send photos ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.