Many prayers for my Grandmother please

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Hey Stace...I am *SO* glad your Gran is gonna be alright...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
I'm so glad to hear that your grandmother is doing so well. Believe, believe, believe. :)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Lol Janice you make me laugh, go granny go !! Hehe

I spoke to my mom last night, who went to visit her yesterday. She's doing ok in the normal ward - mom just says its sad, because she's very disoriented and she'll never be the same again. She needs to go into frail care now at a retirement village, she'll need round the clock care. But thanks for all your prayers, I won't stop praying for her.
My dad said they had to give her some morphine to calm her down (she hates Doctors, she says they're "full of sex" and she doesn't trust them!) as she was giving them lip - back to her old self in that respect hahaha.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stace,
I am sorry that hear that your grand-mother will never be the same again, I pray that she will go better and better :) I am also sorry that she will have to go in a retirement home, but sometimes, people are very happy in those homes :)

Stazz

5 Year Member
I'm not too sure Isa. I spoke to my Aunt earlier (Grans daughter) and she said this is what my Gran has feared her whole life, she hates depending on other people so this will be a very very hard time for her to get used to this. Thanks so much Isa, Im also praying that she is alright in the long run, but also that she takes her move into the home more easily than we think she will xxxx

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
:( I am sure it is going to be very hard for her to move, but maybe it will not be that bad, does she know that she will have to go live there?

Stazz

5 Year Member
Yeah I think she knows, I'm not too sure though. I'm sure they've told her by now. She must just understand as she can't look after herself anymore, and she will be cared for so much by the nurses in the retirement home in frail care. She'll love it in the end I hope !

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Stace, Glad to hear your Grandmother is doing better. All older adults fear having to be taken care of. It is a natural thing. It is an adult giving up control over her life, something she had taken care of for a long, long time. She will become accustom to it and might even find out she likes it once she makes friends. But be prepared for her to complain a lot at first. I’ll continue to send prayers your way Stace for her to continue to get better and make the adjustment to her new home as smoothly as possible.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks a million Robyn :) I'm amazed at the massive support received by everyone all over the world for my Gran, its truly shows how many good people are out there! :)

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
hi stace, my mom had to go into critical care a couple years ago, she fell, broke her ankle and then a whole bunch of stuff made her really sick, afterwards she went into assisted living, HATED it, but once she wasnt so weak and got to move around a bit more, started LIKING the attention, especially because she was able to start participating in some activities around her instead of just laying there. sounds like your gran has been a strong woman all her life and if shes got some strength left in her after this bout of illness, i bet shell do just the same. galileo & i are sending angels to help. smiles, spring

Stazz

5 Year Member
Gali thank you for that :) thats really sweet of you hehe. Sending you angels ans smiles :p

Lol OOPS I meant to say thanks SPRING. thanks to Gali too though haha

M

Maggie Cummings

Hi Stace, I'm sorry to hear your Gran has to go to the 'retirement' home. I am afraid that will happen to me too because of all the stuff that's wrong with me. It's good that she is not going to die tho...I am happy in that respect. Getting old just isn't any fun...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.