My poor Grandmother...the other one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Well Im sure you'll all remember all the prayers and support you gave with regards to my ill grandmother (my dads mom) - well she is in a 24hr care hursing home, and she's doing great. I got sad news last night though, my other Gran, my moms mom, was diagnosed with freaking leukemia at age 83. I find this so crazy, not sure how to process it all. Nick, Tallula and Yoda are keeping me going.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Not to sound harsh or unfeeling but the older you get the better chance of being diaganosed with that, that being said best luck and heartfelt wishes.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Yeah you're right though ! Its just sad, 83 yrs old, she can't have any treatments or anything, so its just a waiting game.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
why can't she have any treatments? is it age? is it her health? is it her choice?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Ohh no Stace, I am so sorry to hear that :(. It must be very hard for your grand-mother, you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
See I think that is totally wrong, elderly people should be allowed treatment if they wish as they pay for it, i know there is a big risk that elderly people can die under theatre but its their choice...
Hope everything goes well!
Wish you all the luck xx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm so sorry for this bad news about your Gran.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks my friends :) It is my Gran's choice as well as the Doctors utmost recommendation, as they say not only the fact that the treatments can kill her, but it will make a sweet 83yr old lady's last days unbearable, we couldn't do that to her, and she says she's ready. She's very frail, as she also has osteoporosis, Parkinson's disease and she's a medically treated schizophrenic....cancer treatment = not a good idea ! But thank you sooo much for your support!

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
our thoughts are with you and your family. I know the holidays are the hardest, but try to make them memorable for everyone by trying to be up beat and suggest many gatherings so you may all see your Gran.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Also make sure you sit down at some point and go through your pictures of you with your gran over the years. Try to focus on all of the good times you had together and the pleasant memories she helped you create and will always be a part of.:)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thank you all for your utter kind words. I love knowing there are so many good people out there :)
It is a tough time for me and my family, but we just trying to keep our heads up. As you said, must look at the good times, the fun times, the special times.
Gran is soooo frail, she just sleeps pretty much all day. My mom says shes not the same - but of course, we know she is at peace with the world, so this makes a big difference. Thanks again, I really and truly appreciate your comments :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I'm am sorry about the news of your grandmother being ill. God bless her and your family as you go thru this rough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.