Male or female?

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
I'm going to muddy the waters and guess male. the TAil looks male to me even though the plastron area around the tail looks female. but I'm usually wrong so probably female hahaha

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Here you go .This is a picture of a male and female side by side so you can see the difference . The one on the left is female ,the male is on the right.

1444705912091.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I also agree with female.

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
The second and third pictures are the same not sure how I loaded it twice? But the first one is in question the second is confirmed male just for comparison. I typed that info on original post but it didn't show up ? So people are thinking the first one is female? That was the one I thought was male. I'm terrible at sexing these guys lol

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
The second and third pictures are the same not sure how I loaded it twice? But the first one is in question the second is confirmed male just for comparison. I typed that info on original post but it didn't show up ? So people are thinking the first one is female? That was the one I thought was male. I'm terrible at sexing these guys lol
I would have said that 2nd one is female too.:confused:.

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
I saw the second ones penis the other day so he is confirmed male. I was shocked!! Lol. They look so much alike now idk what to think of the first one?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Female can push their stuff out also . The males penis looks like a sea creature and is about as long as the tortoise.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Here is a picture of the sea creature.

Attachments

• 1444757732230.jpg
    1444757732230.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 28