Making water safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymall007

5 Year Member
Recently, with the addition of hermit crabs to my family, I have learned that they need special dechlorinated water.

I know that obviously they're not reptiles, but I have seen "reptile safe water" on the market. I don't want to do anything to the water that could hurt my RT.

Should I be specially treating my water before giving it to my tort?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Chlorine dissipates after 30 minutes or so, just let it sit for awhile and it should be free of it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't and I don't think others do either. Most with larger torts are giving water right from the hose. I wouldn't worry about it.:D

Skymall007

5 Year Member
Thank you guys ubers =) I am so glad to hear this because I've had my little guy for 8 years and I would hate to find out I have been giving him bad water this whole time

LeaderLeprechaun

5 Year Member
Mississippi
if you have been doin that for 8 years then im pretty sure its fine xD. i have the bottle of dechlorination that you had a question about. its a good product, but im sure your water is just as good.

Skymall007

5 Year Member
Thank you ubers :) I just wanted to make sure. I worry because he and I live in a new place now with old piping, using it just to be safe wouldn't hurt hi
If it is the stuff for making hermit crab water sage would it? I think it is the same thing but maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.