mad

phebe121

One of my friends i went to school with told me her friend was starving her turtles because she didnt want them anymore and dint want to give them away she sprnt to much money on them and shes in cali. im di mad someone could do this to another life i told her to tell her friend about the fourm maybe we can convince her to give them up to someone eho can take care of them and love them im sorry everyone i had to vent

phebe121

Yes she just said shebtryed to tell her about the site and she said there just going to die im so upset i want to save them and i cant

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
This is horrible. I'm hoping something can be done to save these turtles before it's to late. Maybe you can get a phone# from your friend who told you this and try to talk to the other friend and explain what they are doing is wrong?

phebe121

I can try and id like her yo come on here i know theres people in cali that would take them in just trying to get this girl to give them up

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Without letting it be known how mad you are and how disgusting this is, try to get the address from your friend of this person. Then call the authorities on this piece of crap. I would love to do the same to them that they are doing to these poor animals. If they can do this to these animals, they can do it to others and then usually they are also human abusers. This piece of crap needs to be turned in.

phebe121

Ya i hate people like this.they need to get what they do to animals done to them

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Of course, if she would happen in here and read this, I don't think your going to be saving those turtles. :(

phebe121

Well she doesnt kniw my name on here or anything like that i hope i can but not much to do thousands of miles away

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Please people keep a open mind . I cannt believe somebody would wake up one morning and say I spent a lot of money and love and time on my torts lets starve them to death . They may of got bad news ( this don't make it right by any means ) and that's the way she is looking for help . I'm not saying I'm right . But it real hard to think someone could be that mean to something I love that much . But to help the torts we may half to be alittle bit understanding . I'm sorry for those people that hate what I say . But there is always 2 sides of a coin .

phebe121

You right there is always to side and i only have one it still heart breaking when there are plenty of options i hope this person comes on here or trys to do whats right

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm with Grandpa on this. While I will admit there is no limit to human depravity at times, this doesn't make sense. If she doesn't want them, slow starvation makes no sense. Why not just turn them loose, or drop them off at a pet store or animal shelter? Why not just euthanize them? Why would you take the time to make them starve to death? Something that will take months of time and effort.

Something doesn't add up. No sane person would do this. If you have an animal and decide you don't want it anymore, you want to be rid of it. Even if you are a completely thoughtless, abusive, uncaring jerk, you don't want to drag it out for weeks or months. You want the "problem" solved.

There must be more to this story.