Lost desert totoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxy-tortoise

5 Year Member
I lost a small 6 to 8 inch yellow with dark spotted totoise named Ash. He had some light burns on his face and shell because he was rescued from a fire, hens the name. He was lost in torrance ca. Thank you for time.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Did you post flyers around your town?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
If you just lost track of him recently (today) there is a great chance you can still find him....right now this time of day he has seemed out shade/shelter from the heat....try to think like he would....check everywhere that is cool and moist especially with the heat today.....gosh I hope you find the little trooper....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Roxy-tortoise:

I have a sneaking suspicion that your lost "tortoise" is probably a box turtle. The only other Yellow with dark spots I can think of would be a Russian tortoise.

Do you know what kind of tortoise you've lost?

roxy-tortoise

5 Year Member
I am 99% sure he was a juvenile desert totoise.I only had him for 2 days before he disapered in my back yard. His claws and nails were defenitely that of a desert, so was his shell. I lost him a while back and have been looking and asking ever since.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Did you find the place he escaped?? I only ask because you say he was in your yard...and man can they dig if they need to get to coolness...I live in the high desert and the heat has been nice and hot....my guys are out long enough to eat walk lay for minute then tuck into their burrows/hides until evening.....so I am sure you have looked all in your yard but maybe go give another look later when it starts to cool...look maybe on the shady side of the world and maybe run a sprinkler which might spike his need for water if he is still around....and do check your local animal shelter...maybe if he did get out someone may have turned him in????

Status
Not open for further replies.