Looking to keep cherry head cool

Marashina'smom

Location (City and/or State)
Spring Hill
So I'm trying to set up a temporary outdoor habitat for my cherry head, and I have a habitat that has a box attached to it. I'm concerned the box turn onto a super hot box so I'm looking for ways in insulate it and keep it cool. I had planned on filling it so she could burrow down in it. I don't plan on keeping it in direct sunlight rather in my Lanai which has screen covering and I was going to put under hard roof incase of rain. I live in central Florida so it gets very hot. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200625-111458.png
    Screenshot_20200625-111458.png
    473.1 KB · Views: 4

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
You could make the temp enclosure out of boards or a just buy a raised garden bed and put some hides and plants in it. It would give him more room and allow him to self regulate.

Marashina'smom

Spring Hill
So I'm trying to set up a temporary outdoor habitat for my cherry head, and I have a habitat that has a box attached to it. I'm concerned the box turn onto a super hot box so I'm looking for ways in insulate it and keep it cool. I had planned on filling it so she could burrow down in it. I don't plan on keeping it in direct sunlight rather in my Lanai which has screen covering and I was going to put under hard roof incase of rain. I live in central Florida so it gets very hot. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated
I attached a picture of the temporary enclosure we will be using

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You shouldn't have to do anything. Your temperatures in Central Florida are fine. Just don't put the enclosure in direct sunlight all day. Keep it in the shade mostly.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Sheldon stays outside in his enclosure that is under a group of palm trees. ?