Cherry Head Starter Pack

Timmis

Location (City and/or State)
Novi, MI
Hello,

I am purchased a 4-5 month old cherry head and want to give it the best possible indoor habitat that I can. I have a terrarium but I am looking for suggestions on food/water bowls, hide and if I need anything else other than repibark on the ground?

thank you in advance.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Uvb light is needed, a tube florescent.
Heat will be needed possibly so ceramic heat emitter (s)
Water bowl use a clay saucer big enough that his whole body fits but only deep enough that the water comes to just over where the top(carapace) and bottom(plastron) shells meet.
As for hide. You can use many things. Clay pot on its side but buried down a bit so it doesn't roll. Wood box. Plastic box with entry cut in, or most any they sell at the pet stores.
Diet I will leave to those that have them.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hello,

I am purchased a 4-5 month old cherry head and want to give it the best possible indoor habitat that I can. I have a terrarium but I am looking for suggestions on food/water bowls, hide and if I need anything else other than repibark on the ground?

thank you in advance.
Make sure your terrarium is as completely sealed as possible to hold in humidity. High humidity is crucial for smooth growth within the first couple years. They also appreciate live plants for cover and for them to hide in. Clay plant saucers usually work best for food/water bowls.