Looking for someone to interview

Sara C

Hello tortoise enthusiasts! I'm a speech pathology graduate student at CU Boulder working with a group of adolescents with Asperger's at KGNU radio station this summer. We are looking for potential people to interview to practice social communication and asking perspective taking questions. One 12-year-old boy is particularly interested in tortoises, and we were hoping to interview a fellow tortoise enthusiast. We would love to call between 1-3pm Monday the 16th, Tuesday the 17th, or Wednesday the 18th. Please let me know if you would be interested or have the time to be interviewed, it would be an amazing experience for us! Thanks for your time!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Sara, and welcome to the Forum!

I hope you are able to find someone from the Forum.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I hope a pro agrees for you, there are several on here that would be great. I'm pretty new still not sure how much help I could be.....

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Why don't you have the young man that likes torts join the TFO he will learn a lot . And we have tort owners from all over the world .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome. I know aspergers can have ashore social interaction issue with the person. Would this be an issue with interview. Grandpa may be onto something. A slow introduction to tortoises without the sudden shock of a stranger talking to them. To me (I know a few people with Aspergers) they act more like a tortoise and stick to there own self interaction. Anyways blah blah on my part. Welcome again.

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
Too bad my 13 year old aspergers son doesn't care about our torts. If it was cats, he would be your guy.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) Hope you find someone :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Sara, I have sent you a private message with phone numbers of my friend who has worked with Asperger's students before and is interested in doing this with you...I guess it's called a 'conversation' now, but it used to be called a private message. Anyhow, the information is on your home page...my friend is experienced with tortoises and Asperger's, so there ya go!