Looking for an Aldabra hatchling

JSStra

Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
@ALDABRAMAN, I was hoping you (or any other reputable breeder) would be able to discuss a timeline on adoption of an aldabra hatchling. We live in Florida. Orlando area. We have a little bit of space, but plan to raise the tort indoors until it's big enough to not slip through the fence or anything like that.

My wife and I have Leopard (@TortoiseWithThumbs on instagram, if you want to see the care we take of them) that we love dearly and wouldn't mind getting another tort with a similar care regimen. I've got a nice little garden of cacti, hibiscus, cranberry hibiscus, mint, coleus, and dandelion for a variety of food.

Happy to discuss anything you'd need to feel comfortable. And time isn't an issue. If you're not expecting eggs for a year or so, that is a-okay by our standards.

zovick

10 Year Member!
@ALDABRAMAN, I was hoping you (or any other reputable breeder) would be able to discuss a timeline on adoption of an aldabra hatchling. We live in Florida. Orlando area. We have a little bit of space, but plan to raise the tort indoors until it's big enough to not slip through the fence or anything like that.

My wife and I have Leopard (@TortoiseWithThumbs on instagram, if you want to see the care we take of them) that we love dearly and wouldn't mind getting another tort with a similar care regimen. I've got a nice little garden of cacti, hibiscus, cranberry hibiscus, mint, coleus, and dandelion for a variety of food.

Happy to discuss anything you'd need to feel comfortable. And time isn't an issue. If you're not expecting eggs for a year or so, that is a-okay by our standards.
Here is another breeder in FL who has Aldabra babies available right now, and the price seems very fair, too:

JSStra

Central Florida
100%. I got scammed and then went through Arizona Tortoise Compound and was so much happier. I am extremely careful and vet everyone through this site. I only want to go through Aldabraman, Sam, or ATC.

I would have to have a LOT of vetting for anyone else.

It looks like we are 1 year out from it, ideally, but I want to line it up sooner before later because I know reservation lists can sell out quick.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I do believe that Aldabraman is the only one that starts them right and actually raises them.
Sam may have some he hatched and I believe some imports. But I don't believe his are smooth as they should be, specially being in Florida
ATC, well I don't think they raise them at all and many of their tortoises are pyramided at a young age.
Aldabraman is probably the hardest to get one from, but the best there is to get one from.