And here they are, the beginning of Goat-A-Palooza 2010:

Dominique and the twins
photo-50.jpg

Little girl, first born
photo-49.jpg

Little boy
photo-52.jpg

photo-53.jpg

They are adjusting to life on the outside and I am sure that they will be up to their naughty antics soon. They have to perfect the art of movement first, then naughtiness will naturally follow.

Now I await the babies from my 5 other pregnant does. I think Dominique's twin sister may be next, she's been hiding under a brushy little tree for the last few hours instead of hanging with the herd. And she's HUGE!!! I keep having dreams that she's having 4.... I hope she's not having 4 :D

Josephine in hiding

photo-54.jpg

Nick

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Absolutely precious babies. Congratulations. I hear that goats deliver two most of the time is this correct? My sister just moved into a house that has goats living in the house behind her. They are so cute when they play and they are such characters too. :D

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
AWWW! Someday, I will have a zoo (that's my mantra lately) I love baby goats. And horses. You can see where this is going right? :D

Post more pics! Its so great to see how people keep their other animals.

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Right after I was done posting, I thought "I should go check Josephine again" I could see her from the window and I noticed she was laying down. I opened the front door and heard her making a bunch of noise. Of course she was pushing out baby #1. I ran inside for a towel (and a clean shirt after wiping the baby's face off with the one I had been wearing) and when I got back out, there were 2. Now they're dried off, trying to walk and trying to find a nipple. They are beautiful blue eyed girls! I will post pics very soon.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
VERY COOL .....! ! ! ! WHat cute " kids"
and tooo darn funny ..... GOAT A PALOOZA"...
Do they wear ty~dyes and form drum circles too? =:>)~

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oh my goodness those babies are ADORABLE!!! I would love to own goats some day :)
Keep posting pics!! I especially love the first little girl :D

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Here are the newest additions :D
Josephine's twin girls
Right after birth, note the umbilical cord(s?) in the lower right
photo-63.jpg

First born girl
photo-61.jpg

Second born girl
photo-62.jpg

Dried off. I couldn't get a good pic of the first girl, they were hard to get to in the brush (and with all that goo that I really didn't want to wade into :p )

photo-58.jpg

photo-59.jpg

photo-60.jpg

Candy- goats do tend to have twins. They don't always. My first doe has had twins every time, so far. They can have triplets or more too. I am glad I haven't had more than 2 at a time. I prefer the moms to do all of the raising.

Meg- I have a zoo, it's expensive :D But someday, I will have a bigger, more expensive zoo. I say goats are like bacteria. They multiply exponentially and are quite infectious. It's hard not to keep all of them!

N2torts- Some of them come out tie dyed already! and their head butting sometimes can be comparable to odd, off beat drumming. How's that?

If you're going to get goats, start with wethers (neutered males). I started with a buck and doe and the buck taught me how NOT to raise a buck :rolleyes:

I am sure I will have more new baby pics to post soon. I put the boys in with the girls at the same time and that's just the beginning.

And the little ones from this morning all dried off and resting.
photo-57.jpg

photo-56.jpg

photo-55.jpg

Chelsea

5 Year Member
The photo of your baby girl made me squee out loud! They're beautiful :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love goats. We bring my buddies heard over to knock out weeds on the non-tortoise parts of the ranch. Your babies are beautiful. Well, THEIR babies in YOUR pen.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw, Nick...Those babies are just so darned cute!!! And once they get up and around aren't they just so athletic? We used to have a baby pigmy goat. He would come a-runnin' across the back yard, jump up onto the dog house, spring off and turn a summer-sault before landing and running off again! Just the cutest darned things. Do you have human children?

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
They are little climbers. When Dominique (first mother) was little, she used to love to jump up on my back (when I was squatting down) and stand on my shoulders. She was the king of the human mountain! The babies love to jump off of things, even my car :( They could spend all day jumping onto and off of things and running at full speed and spazzing out all over the place. I love to watch them and could do so for a loooong time.

No human kids of my own, Yvonne, just a niece, 2 nephews and one more TBA on the way.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
So cute! I had 2 goats before and really enjoyed them. My friend took them when we moved. I wouldn't mind having one again some day.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Congratulations on your new kids! :D

I love that you see the colors of the rainbow in the translucent umbilical cord...the beauty of new life! ;)

chadk

10 Year Member!
Baby goats are about as cute as it gets. Can't believe our 'babies' will be kidding later this spring (late breeding this year for us). Looking forward to new kids. I'll have to post pics when it happens :) We have some great (bug graphic) birthing pics of goats being born from a recent visit to the farm where we got ours. Very educational for our (human) kids to experience :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
ha Chad that reminds me of when I took my little sister to a petting zoo several years ago...and we got to see a donkey give birth- yikes! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.