littlefootncera here--new name

Status
Not open for further replies.

2torts4me

5 Year Member
Its Renee(LittlefootNCera). I forgot my password and re registered. Wanted to update and Share some recent pictures.
Both of my torts had a great winter, spring and are loving summer.
my "big" tort "littlefoot" has fully settled in, stop flipping(for the most part) eats a TON of grass and cactus pads daily( I was under the impression leaving the glochids attached was fine, can anyone correct me if its not? a fellow tort lover "educated" me today on the dangers after I shared a picture of him eating a cactus pad)
My "small" tort "cera" has grown a lot! Eats flowers: roses/hibiscus, plants: both grocery store greens and weeds I pull from around the yard.
They both drink plenty of water, and are very active.
I take them outside each morning and bring them in each night. They are occasionally inside on the rare cold/rainy day. I am excitedly planning a new enclosure for them and will share pictures when Im done. The new enclosure will have predator protected houses so they can stay outside 24/7 during the warm parts of the year.

~Renee

cera.jpglittlefoot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

azkeyrealtor

5 Year Member
Your Torte's are beautiful~~ So adorable pictures!!! My Tilly doesn't have an interest in the cactus and I was hoping I can find out how do you give the pads?? Do you take it off the cactus that morning?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Renee:

I don't know how this thread slipped past me back when you wrote it, but I'm just now seeing it for the first time. I hope you don't think we've ignored you on purpose! Your pictures are beautiful. Glad to see you back on the forum!!

2torts4me

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Renee:

I don't know how this thread slipped past me back when you wrote it, but I'm just now seeing it for the first time. I hope you don't think we've ignored you on purpose! Your pictures are beautiful. Glad to see you back on the forum!!

Thanks!

As for the cactus- My big tort is a funny old man. Ive only had him for about a year. For the first 60 days or so he would not eat a bite, not ONE! and refused to even drink for at least the first 30days. Its only been in the past 3-4months that he will eat something I offer him. For many many months the only thing he would eat was grass off my lawn. I bought that cactus plant from a local nursery and broke off a pad and tossed it down and to my surprise he ate it!(I cried! LOL) He is now willing to eat anything I give him. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad your back in too. As for the cactus. You don't have to remove anything, no one does it for them in the wild, it's just most of us on here does remove them or buys the spineless kind, so that's probably why someone told you, you should. Beautiful torts.

Status
Not open for further replies.