Little Half-Face

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
When I have a boxie that won't eat, I try white fish by Wellness, or canned venison, by Wellnes. They both have a strong smell, and for some reason the boxies like it. I recently got a baby gulf coast who wouldn't eat anything but worms, so I chopped up some greens and sweet potato and mixed it with the canned whitefish. Very smelly and they seem to go for it. Good luck with that baby Maggie.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Sounds like you have some good ideas to try.

You've never had a box turtle try to bite you before? Mine had free roam of the backyard and whenever any of us got close to one they would chase us around. They particularly liked to try to bite our fingers and toes, they looked like worms I guess.

M

Maggie Cummings

Neal said:
Sounds like you have some good ideas to try.

You've never had a box turtle try to bite you before? Mine had free roam of the backyard and whenever any of us got close to one they would chase us around. They particularly liked to try to bite our fingers and toes, they looked like worms I guess.

Mine are very domesticated. I handle them a lot so they are very used to me and pretty much docile.
These rescues are really violent and just plain ole mean. I don't think I have ever disliked any turtle or tortoise like I do these. I will be really glad when they are gone. I am going to keep Little Half Face tho. I want him to grow up and be a happy little turtle...I am hoping he can actually grow and get bigger. But he is 4 years old so I am not sure that he can grow any more. But I am feeding him a lot. I have gotten him to eat meal worms, so I think that's a good start...

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
what about small butter worms or small goliath worms? they are small enough that he might not have to straighten them out and they still wiggle alot. plus they are great nutrition, so he would be getting more bang for your buck. keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.