Little A'Tuin's first birthday

tellablue

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Hello, all. As you can see from the subject line, my little tortoise is one today. I have a question about mazuri and the amount I should be offering my young tort. Currently s/he eats one moistened pellet every three days. Every day there are fresh weeds and greens on offer and once a week I mash two baby carrots as a treat. Little A'Tuin seems to be growing fine, but I'm wondering if I should be offering more mazuri pellets now that s/he is a juvenile tortoise and not a baby. As a side note, I sprinkle calcium powder on the greens at least four times a week, because Little A'Tuin refuses to touch the cuttlebone.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1401548798.290162.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
If you are offering a good variety of greens, you don't need to offer any mazuri. The greens are the natural diet. Many of us only use Mazuri when it is hard to get fresh weeds

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yep!

I agree. Looks like you do everything right including get him/her outdoor for sun. You have a cutie for sure.

tellablue

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
If you are offering a good variety of greens, you don't need to offer any mazuri. The greens are the natural diet. Many of us only use Mazuri when it is hard to get fresh weeds

Thanks, JoesMum!